Idea on a much need Tau Super-Heavy Tank - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Idea on a much need Tau Super-Heavy Tank

Ok so I have about 5k or so of Tau and like 3 guys that I play have 10k plus of there armies. the only thing is the one marine player has baneblades (2) and the chaos player has a baneblade, brass scorpion and he just added a nasty titan with twin turbo lasers. The eldar player got x2 of the super heavy eldar tanks. So what does tau get? a Manta ray? for almost $ 2k? Yes the tiger sharks are good and deffinately want 1 or 2 and the Remoras aren't bad but come one. We did get Area denial nodes but thats a lot of scratch building. And you would want 3-5 of them easy to help add to your big guns. Baneblades make a mess of the army really fast. Yes we have rail guns but unless I take half my army in railheads and broadsides its going to be messy for any tau player if your opponent has anything big on the table. We just have nothing comparable atm in apocalypse games, prime example was that nasty beating Tau took in that Apoc game in the white dwarf awhile ago, they were just simply outclassed in armour. So I was thinking of IF we did have a super heavy what would it have?
    Here goes

Possible names: Swordfish, Stingray, Viperfish, Dragonfish

BS Front Side Rear
    3(4) 13 13 12

Type: Super Heavy Tank Skimmer
    Structure points: 3

Weapons and Equipment

The ???? is equipped with a turret mounted Rail Cannon, Anti-Personal Smart Missle System (SMS), x3 Burst Cannons. The ???? is always equipped with a Targeting Array (included in profile) The ???? may be equipped with any of the vehicle upgrades permitted by the Tau Armoury.

Primary Weapon Range Str AP Type
    Rail Cannon (solid shot) 120" D 1 Heavy 2 or heavy 1 Twinlinked ???
    Rail Cannon (submunition) 72" 7 3 Heavy 1, 7" Blast
    Secondary Weapon
    Anit-Personal SMS 36" 6 4 Heavy 20

Burst cannon 18" 5 5 Assault 3

Special rules:
    The ???? can move 12" in the movement phase but cannot fire its Primary weapon as it needs all power rerouted to the engine drives to move the massive tank. It may still fire it secondary weapons. The ???? can only move 6" and is able to fire all of its weapons per turn as per normal super heavies tanks

So the picture (in my head) I have for this tank is an enlarged hammerhead with the 3 burstcannons up front in the obvious spots. The Railgun is enlarged and we get back a nice nasty gun again for Apoc games. The Anit-personnal SMS is just a huge missle rack mounted in behind the turreted railcannon (forgeworld missle pod is a good example). I made it a bit better range, str and ap as per normal super heavy guns. But not a rediculous amount. The heavy 20 is a bit extreme but the weapon itself isn't to overpowering with the ap only 4. The idea of a huge salvo of missles like Robotech that ignore line of sight as per normal SMS in the codex is just to cool.
    the Rail Cannon is just an idea of mainly having a D str weapon at our disposal to deal with super heavies. I was also throwing around the solid shot being a D3 Structure points with the heavy 1 twinliked but that may be to nasty.

Any comments or ideas are welcome, I am looking at a better name for the Anti-Personnal SMS but can't think atm. Those are just some fish names I googled that sounded cool as Tau are all about fish names for there stuff.

thanx

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

no. tau aren't big on the massive armor. doesn't work with either mont'ka or kauyon. mont'ka *cough*blitzkrieg*cough* works on the principle of a rapid slashing attack that gives the enemy no time at all to redeploy and recover. kauyoon works on the principle of luring the enemy into a trap of which they are completely unaware of and wiping them out piecemeal.

if you'll note, these tactics sound very similar to astartes and dark eldar tactics. guess what armies other then tau don't have superheavies? marine have the terminus ultra as a superheavy killer, dark eldar have their lances. tau have their railguns. i'd love to see the baneblade commander that doesn't flinch while staring down two full squads of broadsides.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x3)

tau dont use super heavy tanks. instead they have very big starfighters like the manta missile destroyer or the tiger shark.
    I am an Indestructible master of War.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,
    I'm not sure if your still looking for a Tau super heavy Tank.
    But if you are,
    Send a message to Danial Smileyjames hurd on Facebook.
    I'll give you a design that tears baneblades to pieces.
    I call it the Kraken

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    198 (x4)

Hi,

Welcome to LO! It's pretty quiet around here at the moment, but there are quite a few lurkers. Just a friendly heads up though, it's generally considered bad form to post on a thread that's been dormant for quite a while - especially one that has been inactive for over 6 years!

That said, feel free to start some new threads and begin throwing some ideas out.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain (It's time to roll the dice)- Mattrim Cauthon

+ Reply to Thread