Autarch Gear - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Autarch Gear

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Autarch Gear

As the title says, how do you outfit your autarchs? I have 2 on their way, one on a jetbike and on with wings, what would you suggest I outfit them with? The autarch on the jetbike is going to be a spearhead for assaults, and the one with wings will probably be more of a counter charge type.

Also, which gear of the autarch do you think is useless? In my opinion, on paper the howling banshee mask is useless as 90% of the time eldar have way higher initiative then the other races and usually attack first anyways, plus the autarch has plasma grenades which negate cover anyways. The mandiblasters for +1 attack > howling banshee mask for 1st order attack right?

Also, for the one hand weapons, for the winged autarch, scorpion chainsword or power weapon? And for the jetbike autarch the laser lance right?

Last but not least, ranged weapons. No idea here.

I have only used Yriel on the battlefield, and although he is good I just wanted to outfit my own autarch and "make him my own."

So what do you guys think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

Generally I use power weapon, mandiblaster, and fusion gun. This seems to work well with the WJG and the wings or without any movement item. For the jetbike I generally run the mandiblasters, laser lance, and the fusion gun. I have thought of perhaps dropping a dark reapers gun onto one on a bike it could both move and shoot, never actually run one that way though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    89 (x2)

My personal favorite it the WJG, fusion gun, mandiblasters, power weapon set up. This could easily be swapped with wings but the second jump is priceless as long as he has a retinue of warp spiders to keep him safe.

I agree with you that the banshee mask is unnecessary. Anything with higher initiative than an autarch is bad news and should be shot rather than assaulted.

The jetbike autarch has never performed well for me. He just doesn't survive long enough to do enough damage for my tastes.
    Never apologise for asking questions young seers, through asking
    questions we find answers, and through those answers we gain
    knowledge of ourselves and the universe around us
    -Farseer Marauth
    Meet My Autarch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    59 (x1)

I have 3 Autarchs for my Eldar force:

Dirt Cheap autarch with power weapon and catapult. This guy is used when I am playing a reserves based list, but I dont plan on his doing much more than joining a dire avenger squad.

Jetbike Autarch: This guy is a beast. Fusion gun, Laser Lance, mandiblasters. He hits like a comet.

Winged Autarch: Power weapon, fusion gun. This guy hunts vehicles and the occasional independent character. Deepstrike point blank and frag your opponent's chapter master or chaos lord, and your opponent's expression is PRICELESS. I sometimes wish I would have given him a warp jump generator, but that is a story for another thread.

Though to be honest, the jetbike and footslogger autarchs are the most commonly used by me.

I am going to be building a warp spider autarch. spider generator, scorpion blade, mandiblaster and web spinner. The whole insect vibe. Should look cool if I do it right.
    * "I'm Significant!" -screamed the dust speck
    * "Call me old fashioned, but an evil ascension to power just isn't the same without someone chanting faux Latin in the background."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the jetbike, laser lance, mandiblasters, and fusion gun seems pretty standard.

For the other guy, I think it depends on what squad he will be joining. If it will be a support squad like hawks, warp spiders, etc, then a fusion gun, mandiblasters, and chainsword should be sufficient (plus, I always dislike having an HQ with S3). If he's going to be tackling things in combat a lot, then it depends on what opponents you think you'll be facing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok well my idea was for winged autarch to stay by dark reapers and also shooting with them since im planning on out fitting him with a reaper launcher. if any cc comes close i send the autarch in instead of the dark reapers being butchered like they usually are when genestealers or khorne bezerkers get close. the wings would be for mobility, the dark reapers and him would shoot this incoming unit, weakening them and then the autarch would try to get the charge.

Sounds good on the drawing board but not so sure in game. Also my dilema is, which cc weapon, power weapon to negate armor or the scorpion chain sword to wound easier?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok well my idea was for winged autarch to stay by dark reapers and also shooting with them since im planning on out fitting him with a reaper launcher. if any cc comes close i send the autarch in instead of the dark reapers being butchered like they usually are when genestealers or khorne bezerkers get close. the wings would be for mobility, the dark reapers and him would shoot this incoming unit, weakening them and then the autarch would try to get the charge.

Sounds good on the drawing board but not so sure in game. Also my dilema is, which cc weapon, power weapon to negate armor or the scorpion chain sword to wound easier?
    For an autarch equiped like your saying wouldnt be worth it IMO. It comes to 125 (with mandiblasters and chainsword), for that you could get 10 guardians with a scatter laser and a warlock with embolden. IMO that would be a much better unit to help out because they have 3x as many wounds and a gun that would do about as much damage as the reaper gun. That said i have never used an Autarch, thats just what i think on paper.
    Last edited by Shuriken_Death; January 26th, 2009 at 03:49.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x2)

I've always felt an Autarch would benefit greatly from a flamer.

Otherwise, it depends on the composition of the rest of my army. If I run with spears, I give the autarch the typical jetbike upgrades. If I bring warp spiders, she gets the WJG upgrades.

If I do neither, I give her a power weapon, mandiblasters, and a direavenger catapult, and send him in a squad of dire avengers designed for close combat (full squad, exarch with power sword and shimmer shield, defend, and bladestorm). I know it's inefficient, but it's just so damn fun, and I've always felt that some armies (coughcoughmarinescoughcough) could be taken down a peg by having space faeries smack 'em around a little.
    "Tell me what you cherish most. Give me the pleasure of taking it away." Sephiroth, Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    61 (x0)

Quote Originally Posted by Atma View Post
    I've always felt that some armies (coughcoughmarinescoughcough) could be taken down a peg by having space faeries smack 'em around a little.
    Amen to that.

As for autarchs, I've only run a speartarch in the past who for his part was quite efficient (wish I could say the same about the rest of the squad), but I'm considering once I get a full spiders squad getting one with a WJG and a fusion gun. I'm not sure if I'd want to spend the extra points for a mandi and power weapon though. Definitely adds some CC punch but my spiders are not a squad I want tied up in combat. That said though is the autarch worth it for the fusion gun alone? So many questions...

LO's resident Yowie Dead Dude Walking's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    272 (x4)

Oh! I have a question too!
    What would be a good tank hunting autarch (with some cc ability) on jetbike?
    My cousin has in his smurf army, 2 land raiders 1 vindi and 1 whirlie. Not much sence in having a commander that falls off his jetbike after one round of tankfire. Does the fusion gun replace the twin shuricats?
    Last edited by Dead Dude Walking; January 27th, 2009 at 06:39.
    <----- Dead Dude's WIP Thread, in all it's pant wetting glory! :D

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast