Tyranid Conversion Project - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x7)

Lets start off with the confession:

Remember the nifty things I've been bragging about? ScyTal Wings, removable on the Tyrant, removable Bioweapons on Carnifex? The truth is, they are just ideas at the moment, not even WIP, nevermind presentable models. I apologize for not telling the truth sooner.

My original plan was to build them during my 3-week vacation (which is long over), but I have serious problems with my attention span, specifically when I'm in the same room as my computer... I waste way too much time on this bloody thing.

Last weekend when I'd have had time I again spent it on playing computer games instead of working on the conversions. Well, I did get my work area cleaned, and dug up the parts required...

So the good news is that now all those ideas are work-in-progress. The bad news is that I still do not have a camera, and thus probably can't get any pictures anytime soon. Keep fingers crossed, but do not hold Your breath... Since mine is a single room apartment, meaning that I'm constantly tempted by the computer... And usually lose.

-----
    Idea revisions:

Tyrant: To enable the magnet-attachment system, I'm planning to ditch the metal carapace+neck-part that goes between the head and the torso and convert it from epoxy putty. Essentially this will mean that the head-carapace-wings will be a single part, and thus whenever I switch between normal/winged, I will be changing the entire upper carapace. The reliability of the magnets is still somewhat suspect, but the epoxy and plastic Wings do not weigh that much. The head itself might cause problems, making the part too front-heavy, but I'll see if it can be fixed with strategically placed wire once the time comes.

The Wings will be the Monstrous-ScyTal conversion I have talked about before.

The Tyrant will not sport interchangeable weapons, since the magnets would be really hard to blend in. This is not really that much of a loss, since I can still make do with 3 Tyrants, two 2xScyTal ones and a single ST + VCannon one without straining my budget.

Carnifex: With a bit of drilling, filing and filling, the magnets should blend in well enough, and thus my original idea seems to be viable. Since the weapons are plastic, the magnets should hold it well enough in place.

Gargoyles: Having re-checked the scale, I've come to the conclusion that Wings made from Gaunt ScyTal might be a tad too small. Alternatives are few, and mainly have to do with either extending the Gaunt STs, or try to use Warrior STs. I'll have to ponder this one further... Of course, the size of the Wings isn't that much of an issue since the point is just to have something which looks like wings.
    -----

I'll start a diary in the Librarium conversion corner, and I will provide a link here just in case once it is started. However, I would not expect to make much progress this week, and especially not during the weekend since I'll be off in the covention. Starting next week is the most probable case, although I wouldn't bet on it... In any case, as soon as progress happens, You'll get to know about it.

Once again, I'm sorry.

"The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, in reference to the STs problem, the raveners sything talons are in between the gaunts and the warriors in size, so you could use those (but they are metal which may prove a problem)

anything using magnets to hold it in place should most definatly be plastic (i see you've thought of that though), but for the tyrant, the magnets holding on the wings should probably be quite big (ish)...the wings will still weigh a bit, plastic or not

also, the top heavy tyrant issue could be easily sorted aswell by a few methods. You could extend the tail of the tyrant (making a much more formidable looking tyrant in the process) and perhaps add a mace to the end of the tail rather than a spike (dinosaur style). Or you could add a few more legs to the cute little begger, adding more support, or have some of its sything talons touch the ground, again giving more support. Alternativly you could again extend the tail, then attach it ti the back of the base so it wont topple forwards. Or maybe add some mental carapace to the jaw so that it touches the chest, while putting some wires in the back of his cute 'lil skull so his head wont fall off

just a few ideas, if you want more or need me to explain some of them, just pm me. And dont worry about apologising (i see no real need for you to). A warrior with guts and honesty is worth more than a warrior who keeps hiding after all
    Never judge someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes...by that time they'll be a mile away, and have no shoes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x7)

Originally posted by Carnage@Jul 21 2004, 030
    well, in reference to the STs problem, the raveners sything talons are in between the gaunts and the warriors in size, so you could use those (but they are metal which may prove a problem)
    --- Yes, those I have been considering... I will probably need to sculpt my own, but that's yet more additional work to be done.

but for the tyrant, the magnets holding on the wings should probably be quite big (ish)...the wings will still weigh a bit, plastic or not
    --- Don't forget, the magnets will be supporting the entire head-carapace-wings-construct... This is why I consider the metal head t be a potential problem, since it would place weight in the front, and thus possibly make the entire construct unwieldy.

The magnets are quite strong, and I plan to use two of them per side. Are they strong enough, only time will tell.

also, the top heavy tyrant issue could be easily sorted aswell by a few methods.
    --- As said, that had more to do with the upper torso-head portion, not the figure as a whole. However:

You could extend the tail of the tyrant (making a much more formidable looking tyrant in the process) and perhaps add a mace to the end of the tail rather than a spike (dinosaur style). Or you could add a few more legs to the cute little begger, adding more support, or have some of its sything talons touch the ground, again giving more support. Alternativly you could again extend the tail, then attach it ti the back of the base so it wont topple forwards. Or maybe add some metal carapace to the jaw so that it touches the chest, while putting some wires in the back of his cute 'lil skull so his head wont fall off
    --- All have been previously considered, and some will possibly be incorporated... But mostly for visual style.

However, one thing I will do for sure is to mount the Tyrant on the larger Carnifex-size base.

And here's the link to the Conversion Project Diary, though there's nothing really new yet...

Any suggestions welcome, here or there!
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    203 (x5)

Good Luck and we w8 for pictures.
    MEAT IS MURDER
    Hammerskin
    Nation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just trying to be helpful

If you run into any problems just post them up, and we'll all chip in
    Never judge someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes...by that time they'll be a mile away, and have no shoes

Closed Thread