Scheme for a High Elf inspired Craftworld, and Female Farseer models - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scheme for a High Elf inspired Craftworld, and Female Farseer models

So yeah, I'm a huge High Elf fanboy and I figured that once I do get myself a small, brightly painted Eldar force to contrast my grimdark Spehss Mahreen army of grim black darkness, I should do something with the Ulthuan twang.

Now, I've never painted High Elves nor Eldar, so I'm not sure what colours would look good going where. I'm afraid I'll just end up making a spray-and-play army, gassing them with Skull White and then just putting little dots of blue all over. Does anyone here have any advice on how to make the overall army more High Elven than just colourless?

This also applies to Aspect Warriors - I loathe most of the Aspect's colour schemes, especially the Fire Dragons and Dark Reapers, and would prefer to have them reflect High Elven units/traditions - For instance, turning Dire Avengers and Fire Dragons into mirrors of the Phoenix Guard, and Striking Scorpions and Rangers into Shadow Warriors. If anyone has any other suggestions how to adapt my Aspects, that would be greatly appreciated.

Furthermore, I'm way sold on the idea of having a female Farseer model - I wrote a bunch of backstory specifically for her I'd like to keep using, thankyouverymuch - but I'm not quite certain how to pull it off, since, again, I have no experience in Eldar.

If there is an actual female Farseer model, it's not one I know of. However, conversions seem... Difficult, for someone with so limited experience (For example that Macha conversion from that french site. Besides, I don't want to have to buy a High Elf Archer sprue just for the pants...) and resources. Does anyone have any advice on how I could achieve a 'female' look to the Farseer model without risking a humongous failiure (aka any attempt by me to use greenstuff for anything bigger than a few milimeters <.<)?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im not to sure about high elf colour schemes but if your looking for a female farseer type model in the last eldar codex. There was a special charecter called iyanna arienal who was initailly a suped up spirit seer. which would make a very good high elf like female farseer model.

Also if you did use this charecter you could write up some amazing fluff for the army. On the dwon side she is of lyanden and therefore you might feels obliged to include that weird yellow colour scheme or you could write up your own army rules and ignore the fact she is a special charecter and just have her as an alternative farseer model. Might not go down to well at tournaments but otherwise it would be cool could you pst a piicture once u get a froce together ?

heres a decent picture of the model

http://www.wyrd-games.net/photopost/data/500/iyanna.jpg

From the looks of my last google search its gonna be pretty hard to get hold of the model as it is no longer in porudction
    Last edited by mike4253; January 26th, 2009 at 22:01. Reason: afterthought
    you cannot shoot my harliquins because beneath their mask is an idea and ideas are bulletproof

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, what you have, in effect, is a fantastic idea. however, pulling off this is going to be a feat for sure. That being said, i think that you need to start with building your own craftworld from scratch. How about some rip in the time-space continuim that led to the appearance of high elves, millenia ago before the time of the downfall, in Eldar controlled area. At first, the Eldar were wary of them, after all, they have similar looks and are both very similar in haughtyness (the "we are better than anyone else" syndrome). Eventually, the Eldar stopped using the small faction as slaves, and allowed the elves to start to train with them, as long as they stayed by themselves. They had to remain completely separate from the Eldar, in essence, this was the begining of their craftworld. Along the way, due to time, the elven race grew in number, and as they were already a race that was attuned to the world of spirits, they undertook the great path of the farseer. Many failed miserably, many decided they would rather become warlocks, however there were a few that succeeded in their training, a great triumph for sure. After the downfall, which the elves were able to avoid, they had to become self-sustaining as the empire of the eldar had fallen. This led the elves to planet x. They settled the planet, and began aspect training and other such things. One day, during a particularly "spiritual" time, a female child was born under the elven sign y. Such an omen had never before taken place, and the child, along with her family, were shunned from society. z years go by. infant becomes adult, parents die, she re-enters the civilization of the elves under false pretences, and begins the arduous journey of the farseer. Along the way, she has d and e troubles, but works through them, and ends up being the greatest farseer to ever come from the race of the elves.

There, i think that should work for you. It's just a rough sketch, but it should be enough of a backround for you to use both a female farseer, and even include many elven characters, should you choose to do so. It will also explain your paint scheme as well as any additional "elven" characteristics you should choose to use, such as elven runes/language/weapons.

hope this helps with a few ideas. I think that the idea is great, and could turn out really really well.

trav
    War is my master; Death my mistress.
    Maugan Ra

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've already hammered the lore out quite well. My inexperience with Eldar is restricted to painting and modelling, those are my only concerns.

The Iyanna model looks kind of neat - Not very Farseer-ish but kind of Mage-esque (which does fit the Ulthuan theme), but as you said, the model is out of production D:
    Last edited by HellbirdIV; January 26th, 2009 at 23:21.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, if you are worried about the colors, since you already have your chosen fluff worked out, work in the color scheme that you want. the best thing to do here would be to get a bunch of guardian models, and start paintin, also scour the internet looking for high elves and see what paint jobs are out there. eldar have spirit stones which you can give a really nice 3 color look to, and this will add some different color for you. in the end, part of making your own craftworld is really trial and error. thats what i did, i built a crapload of guardians, and started paintin em, then after i did a few, i started to narrow down what colors i did and didn't like, also you start to match up colors that go really well together. one thing that will help you immensely is a wet pallette. if you don't know what that is, google it.

trav
    War is my master; Death my mistress.
    Maugan Ra

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess I'll wind up painting the Guardians like Spearmen in White, blue and silver, but I still can't figure out for the life of me I would do with the Aspects!

C'mon fowwwks, lend a creative hand here D:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x1)

From what I can think of. I would paint and pose each Aspect to resemble its closest Elite unit. Something like this.

Bainshees - Swordmasters ~ Both very choppy, main damage unit in both armys
    Striking Scorpions - Phoenix Guard ~ Slightly less choppy then the above units, but can live through a round or two of combat
    Dark Reapers - Shadow Warriors

The fast squads could be the HE mounted units

Warp Spiders - Elyrion Reavers
    Guardian Jetbikes - Silver Helms
    Vypers - Dragon Princes

Now the tanks could be done as the 3 levels of dragons.

Waveserpent > Sun Dragon
    Falcon > Moon Dragon
    Fire Prisim > Star Dragon.

Ive missed a few I know but you get the idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You make a good point, though I think I'll be taking them by theme rather than by role, like I previously mentioned having Fire Dragons as Phoenix Guard (Because of the Fire motif and the helmet crests), and Striking Scorpions/Rangers as Shadow Warriors (Infiltration, mostly).

Jetbikes are Guardian Jetbikes, so they'll probably be like the Guardians, but I could take the Shining Spears to be something like High Elf Cavalry. Dragon Princes or Silver Helms, I guess. Not a bad idea, actually.

My biggest issues are Howling Banshees (I was thinking of a "Ghost" motif but then, I might take that for Wraithguard/Wraithlord) and that Farseer conversion still. Really, no-one here made a female Farseer? >_>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    59 (x1)

Well, I am planning on using the Wood Elf Spellsinger with a head swap and judicious application of green stuff to make my Farseer Taolathienne.

She is going to be the next farseer for my Ulthwe force. (I already have 5)
    * "I'm Significant!" -screamed the dust speck
    * "Call me old fashioned, but an evil ascension to power just isn't the same without someone chanting faux Latin in the background."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a few female farseers, myself. A couple from ebay where someone took a guardian model with female torso, and sculpted a cape and such onto, with various bits to make it more farseer-y.<g>

I have one where someone long ago took a Dark Elf sorceress and added a Farseer helm with greenstuff-created hair.

The only one I'VE made so far -due to limited skills myself- was using an older wood elf standard bearer (I've got more of a wood-elf theme to some of my models) and taking the upper half of that model and putting it on top of the lower half of a warlock model, altering the bottom of the standard pole to be a singing spear.
    Poor SM players, used to S4 T4 3+ saves that forget 40K is a sophisticated Rock-Paper-Scissors game and all they have is a pocket full of rocks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast