Tactic Question Here... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whats up with the whole Immortals/Lord w/ VOD unit tactic? ive noticed it alot and I was just wondering what made it so popular what with the immortal's purposeful long range and all...but it has worked well i just cant understand it and i kindof want to try it out. What does everybody think, and can someone explain this to me?? :blink:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eh, it's basically based on getting the most bang for your buck. When considering which units would be best to warp around with a lord, you have to weigh point-cost, how many you can have with a squad, the squad's punch and the survivability of the squad. All taken together, the Immortals win out as you can have up to 10 in a squad, all with Assault 2 gauss weapons that can be fired even when warped around, who all have a relatively high toughness and get a WBB roll :o It's best used to bust tanks who are hiding behind terrain or to just provide for a pincer/flank attack. Works quite well too =D

Timbo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is hard to use Warriors since they can only shot 12" after warping and destoyers are no good since they cost a lot and you can't fit many under the templete when you move them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

don't forget that the Immortals also have a more powerful gun that is good for making that approaching squad go away with one volley!

Closed Thread