Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Here are a few pics of my first and only fix ive ever painted. Sry but the upload was messing up on some of the photos and i couldnt get all the angled shots into the pictures. Please note that this is my first warhammer 40k army i only started this september and have been fiddling around with termagaunts until i came up with a decent paint scheme
I hope you like it
Gotta say far better than my first try so you're on the right track. I realla like the green stuff on the vents. I also like how you did the blending on the scything talons.
I would consider touching up the spines on the back and the adrenal gland with another coat of the yellow. You may want to go over this with the main color first so that the gaps in the adrenal gland are that color, but the part protruding out are yellow.
Overall Very Nice! Very different scheme that works very well!
I hope you can put up a few more pictures I want to see what the back of this thing looks like!
Nice! makes me wonder what it looks like from behind!
"I have seen you humans, trying to forge an Empire in the name of a corpse"
Good job, that is a painted Carnifex. That colour scheme works and I you have created a difference between the carapace and exoskeleton which is good. I think you should try to make it neater looking. A brown ink wash on the spines will have them shaded and looking much better. You can try a similar approach to other detailed areas on the model.
Great color scheme. Looks disgusting (in the good way) and very organic.
As noted, it needs some cleanup, but since I didnt see any basing, etc I assume you arent quite finished.
I will be interested to see how this scheme looks on the smaller Nids. I think it will work out really well due to the strong contrast.
Hive Flee Annoch
Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box. -Italian Proverb
HEre you all go, i figured out i the pictures were too big to fit own the thread
thanks for all your input and advice
if anybody wanted to know the STs are painted using a chaos black primer then about a 3:1 Mithril silver and red gore mix, then a bout a 8:1 blazing orange and chainmail highlight, as well as another 8:1 highlight of blood red and chainamail and then one more highlight of sunburst yellow
great painting, and modelling rep for you!
but, is there any HLs on the black exoskeleton? it should really be, it would give the scheme so much more light.
its suppose to have highlights i used a mix of balck and red gore, then a lighter mire watered version of the black gore, the detail and recesses are filled in witha dark flesh watery black mix and then theres a final highlight of blood red and black
i think the problem is i just dont have apllying the highlight down pat
That is good looking. It is a good way of using the one carapace for adrenal glands and then also the other for spine banks. You have an interesting way of making a Carnifex look bigger there, I may be tempted to 'borrow' the idea if you don't mind.
Nice job. I like the extra use of the spare carapace and the colour scheme works nicely, particularly the mix of metalic and non metalic paints - never done that myself.
As a minor bit of criticism: I would spend a little more time on the cleanup of the mould lines before you start painting. I know it's boring, but my eyes always jar when I see a mould line and I spend ages triming all mine off - at least with plastic it's easy than metal. Also, you may want to add a bit more highlighting to the black areas as someone else said. I know photos don't always tell the full story (my minis always seem to look worse when photographed), so you may not really need to.
Otherwise, good job and for your first effort, even more kudos.
Check out my Blog for my Biel-Tan Apocalypse progress