Question about transports. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question about transports.

A few weeks ago, i played in a tourny. I had two separate serpents with one have DAs and the other full of banshees. In the first few games I did not tell my opponents which unit was in which transport, although i did have it written down and witnessed by someone there so i couldn't cheat. The third player then told me that i had to tell him what was in which transport because of a SM rule about putting a model on top of the transport to show what was in it.

So, my question is simple, in the event of multiple transports, do i need to specify between the transports, or can i use this to my tactical advantage (which just happens to be my opinion)?

Thanks all!

trav

War is my master; Death my mistress.
    Maugan Ra

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

You play Eldar, not SM.

Irregardless, the decision is usually made by tournament organizers, but in my experience official tournaments aree full disclosure POST game, as long as you can prove what was in what transport. My transports have different designs on them, which are designated in my army list, which I offer my opponents AFTER every tourney game.
    Don't bother having anything more than meaningless small talk on this forum, the moderators won't allow it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x1)

Another thing one of my friends said you can do is write on a piece of paper what squad is in the transport and put that inside the transport, so when you want to pop them out then you can just show them the paper. If you can't open up the tank maybe try taping it underneath the tank or the base or something like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

Check page 92 in the brb the section titled "A note on secrecy" The stadard is that an opponent can read your army list and has a rigth to know what is in each transport. Now if the tourny had different rules so be it, but standard he was in the right to ask and know what was there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nakaruru View Post
    Check page 92 in the brb the section titled "A note on secrecy" The stadard is that an opponent can read your army list and has a rigth to know what is in each transport. Now if the tourny had different rules so be it, but standard he was in the right to ask and know what was there.
    yes but if both transports are armed the same he does not have to tell him which is which, but must do something to prove he is not cheating. like a peice of paper in the tank for example.
    "What good are the Imperial Guard, If not to die for the Emporer!" - Dawn of War

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

If you read the section it says "always make clear to your opponent which squads are embarked in which transport vehicle". It then goes on to say that you should talk to your opponent before you start to see what amount of disclosure you both want. It then says that full disclosure is often the norm in tournaments. There is nothing in the section about the weapons load of the transports ( except that they could see what the transports have in the army list ).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to agree with nakaruru on this one (not that I don't normally or anything). Usually you have to tell your opponent which squad is in which transport, unless there is some house/tournament rule stating otherwise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, i did write down on a piece of paper which was in which unit, and i had someone (another person at the tourney who wasn't playing) verify that i what i wrote was easy to determine. However, i think that the jury is out on this one, and nakaruru has shown us the verdict. Thanks everyone for you input!

trav
    War is my master; Death my mistress.
    Maugan Ra

+ Reply to Thread