New Ork Stompa?! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Ork Stompa?!

Ok, so I'm looking online at the GW website and there's the new Ork Stompa. I guess it's cool looking but where are the stats for the thing? Is there going to be another Orks Codex comming out soon?

Anyways I guess it's OK looking. I think it looks kinda like it's wearing a dress though. Hopefully Forgeworld will come out with a cooler version like they sometimes do. Like for instance the GreyKnight dread's.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*sigh* It's from the Apocalypse rulebook... Forgeworld probably won't make a model of this I would imagine... it looks like that because that's how they traditionally are made to look. *sigh*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Way to contribute, get over yourself dude.

To answer the OP's question, the Stompa's rules are found in the Apocalypse book and FW isn't going to be putting one out to ==My== knowledge. If you aren't a fan of the Stompa as-is, convert one to your own liking, that's the Orky way after all.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ==Me== View Post
    Way to contribute, get over yourself dude.

To answer the OP's question, the Stompa's rules are found in the Apocalypse book and FW isn't going to be putting one out to ==My== knowledge. If you aren't a fan of the Stompa as-is, convert one to your own liking, that's the Orky way after all.
    You're right, i was rude... sorry stressful day, shouldn't have taken it out on your question. But yeah I've actually got a question regarding it, I've seen a few pictures of the sprues (i forget where maybe BoLS or here...) and am curious as to the weapons it provides you with. From what i've seen the left arm MUST BE the CCW and the right arm MUST BE the big gun from the pictures... is this the only option provided or will there be chances for other weapons (more specifically for the right arm)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by malbur View Post
    ...am curious as to the weapons it provides you with. From what i've seen the left arm MUST BE the CCW and the right arm MUST BE the big gun from the pictures... is this the only option provided or will there be chances for other weapons (more specifically for the right arm)
    I think you're thinking of the Big Mek's Stompa, which has a Lifta-Droppa and Gigashoota plus sundries (rokkits, etc.) in place of the the big kannon thing (forgotten what its actually called) with co-axial Super Gatler. The new kit is of the Stompa rather than the Big Mek's Stompa, so only parts for the Stompa's weapons are provided in the kit (CCW right arm and 'Stompa Multitude of Gunz' left arm - I'm referring to the Stompa's left and right by the way). Whether GW will release an upgrade sprue (like they're doing with the Ork Battlewagon) for parts to turn a Stompa into a Big Mek's Stompa will probably depend on how well the Stompa Kit sells at a guess.

Quote Originally Posted by cyan View Post
    Anyways I guess it's OK looking. I think it looks kinda like it's wearing a dress though.
    I've always thought that the Ork Gargants look as if they're wearing dresses as well - I guess their shape is dictated by the fact that the "more civilised" races (eldar and human) titans are crafted from the finest materials and parts by highly skilled workers under the expert supervision of an experienced engineer, rather than designed by a commitee of ork meks using intuition and a heap of scrap metal that used to be a space hulk before it crashed into whatever unfortunate planet the orks happened to be invading at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by cyan View Post
    Hopefully Forgeworld will come out with a cooler version like they sometimes do.
    I really, really hope they don't.
    One: You'll pay through the nose for it.
    Two: Half the bits will be moderately to seriously warped.
    Three: One major component (such as a leg or the head) will be missing.
    Four: One tiny, yet vital, component will either be missing or broken and you won't realise (despite checking the entire contents of the box against the list of parts eight times as soon as you got it) until you're halfway through making the damn thing.
    Five: When the replacement part finally arrives from FW, it will be broken and you'll end up sending it back and recieving broken replacement parts about five times before you finally realise you've paid the same amount in postage for one tiny part as you did for the kit in the first place.

And before anyone says anything about FW kits being "for experienced modellers" or "that'd never happen", I'd like to say the kits ain't cheap, all the above things have happened to both me and my friend (and we weren't ordering massive superheavies either), I AM an experienced modeller and I have NEVER experienced (or heard of) any of the above problems with a resin kit from another manufacturer. They make nice models, but.........
    If green power armour is good enough for the Fallen One, then its good enough for the rest of us...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EX550 View Post
    I think you're thinking of the Big Mek's Stompa, which has a Lifta-Droppa and Gigashoota plus sundries (rokkits, etc.) in place of the the big kannon thing (forgotten what its actually called) with co-axial Super Gatler. The new kit is of the Stompa rather than the Big Mek's Stompa, so only parts for the Stompa's weapons are provided in the kit (CCW right arm and 'Stompa Multitude of Gunz' left arm - I'm referring to the Stompa's left and right by the way). Whether GW will release an upgrade sprue (like they're doing with the Ork Battlewagon) for parts to turn a Stompa into a Big Mek's Stompa will probably depend on how well the Stompa Kit sells at a guess.

Ahh thats right. thanks for the clarification.
    Last edited by malbur; February 4th, 2009 at 20:20.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Any weapons it doesn't come with you can just make yourself, like proppa Orks
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by ==Me== View Post
    Any weapons it doesn't come with you can just make yourself, like proppa Orks
    Or be a real proppa ork mek and make the whole thing from scratch. The kit is ok in my opinion, it costs too much (I'm poor though) and stompas just don't hold up to a warhound (or even a baneblade).

Make one yourself, have more fun, spend less, nobody else will have one like it (unlike the kit) and its the way a real ork would do it (alternatively discard the manual for the kit upon opening the box as any good mek knows how these things go together good and proppa!)

Homemade ones are only finished when you think its finished and only require enough money/time/effort as you see fit.
    W/D/L Ork Tide 22/1/14

Click here to feed me some squigs

+ Reply to Thread