Sniper drone teams, and vehicle gun drones - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

Sniper drone teams, and vehicle gun drones

A while ago I was fielding sniper drones and my opponent said that I do not have to have the drone controller remain in coherency with the sniper drones. Is this true? As I have been looking in the BRB and Tau codex and could not find anything to support this, but would be pleased if it were true

Second question, do the two gun drones on a DV get to shoot as using one weapon since they are TL, or do they count as separate weapons firing? So if I moved more than 6" (with a multi-tracker) could I fire both gun drones, or my burst cannon, or do I only get to fire one of the gun drones, or the burst cannon?

Two droids walk into a bar. The bartender says "Hey, we don't serve your kind here.", so they leave.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes the 3 drones have to stay in coherency with there controller that rule is listed in the main rule book.

in the tau FAQ on GW website it says as long as one weapon can fire from the vehicle both drones can fire aswell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    128 (x4)

A sniper team is a 4 model unit, meaning that you must maintain coherency. Fail to do so and you will have to move back into coherency in the next movement phase available.

Drones count as passengers for firing, I don't have my BGB on me so go look it up
    My gaming group's new motto: That army you're using is overpowered because it hurts my guys, codex is broken and needs a rewrite.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

Thanks for clearing up the sniper drone thing, I don't know what my friend was on about then.

Quote Originally Posted by lLonginus View Post
    Drones count as passengers for firing, I don't have my BGB on me so go look it up
    Well it says that only a single passenger may fire from a vehicle, which does not make sense at all.

Can you give me a link to the FAQ you are referring to A-Tau, because the one I am looking at doesn't mention the rule you mentioned.

*Related note. For weapon destroyed, would you take off both gun drones, or one at a time? I am guessing since they are TL you would take both off but I am not sure.
    Two droids walk into a bar. The bartender says "Hey, we don't serve your kind here.", so they leave.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

top of second page of the FAQ
    http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_...th_Edition.pdf

gun drones are not weapons of the tank they are passangers so weapons desrtoryed would not effect them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by A-Tau View Post
    top of second page of the FAQ
    http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_...th_Edition.pdf

gun drones are not weapons of the tank they are passangers so weapons desrtoryed would not effect them
    Ok, I have the same FAQ, I guess I was reading it wrong.

Since the drones are considered passengers does only one of them get to fire? Or because they are TL they both get to even though on pg. 66 it says only a single passenger gets to fire?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that refers to open topped and passangers firing it says right in the FAQ that if one vehicle weapon can fire both drones can

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    724 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by oceanwolf View Post
    Ok, I have the same FAQ, I guess I was reading it wrong.

Since the drones are considered passengers does only one of them get to fire? Or because they are TL they both get to even though on pg. 66 it says only a single passenger gets to fire?
    Drones are only considered as passengers if the vehicle is damaged and Drones disembark as per passengers and form an independent two Drone unit (if members of s Piranha squadron all Drones must disembark at the same time and form one squadron, this also applies if one Piranha is damaged and its Drones are forced to disembark, I/E all the other Piranhas Drones must disembark and form a squadron).
    Gun Drones fire as part of the vehicle in addition to any other weapons that can fire. This means that the Drones cannot fire if the vehicle moved over 6" and the vehicle does not have a multi (remember they fire as part of the vehicle) but if the vehicle has a multi tracker and the vehicle can fire one weapon then they can fire "in addition to that weapon". If the vehicle has a target lock then the weapons can fire at different targets.
    Gun Drones are not passengers, they are only 'treated' as passengers for the purposes of disembarkation and if the vehicle is damaged.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by rikimaru View Post
    if the vehicle has a multi tracker and the vehicle can fire one weapon then they can fire "in addition to that weapon".
    Ok, so if you loose your burst cannon from weapon destroyed, will your gun drones still be able to fire? The FAQ says they can only shoot if they are allowed to shoot one of their other weapons. What does allow mean there?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by oceanwolf View Post
    Ok, so if you loose your burst cannon from weapon destroyed, will your gun drones still be able to fire? The FAQ says they can only shoot if they are allowed to shoot one of their other weapons. What does allow mean there?

the dones don't have anything to do with the burst cannon, so they will still be around to shoot even if the cannon is destroyed.

yeah if you go too fast then they won't be allowed.

and the drones aren't twin linked. they each have twin linked weapons. but they themselves aren't twin linked though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast