Alaitoc - More than just Rangers? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x1)

Alaitoc - More than just Rangers?

I play an Alaitoc themed force, and I do run 1-2 squads of Rangers both because I like them and because of the fluff. But beyond the Rangers, what other focus does the Alaitoc craftworld really have?

I've read the fluff about them and how they are very strict with their dedication to the Path of the Eldar, but what does that really mean? Does that mean that they have fewer Guardians than most places? Would they be more like Biel-Tann with a lot of focus on the Aspects? Would they really use Wraith type units at all?

In the codex, they show a few Vypers and War Walkers done up in Alaitoc colors, so that leads me to believe that they do have a decent number of Guardians, but what about the rest?

I'm just trying to get a feel for what the rest of the Craftworld is doing while the Rangers are out doing their thing.

Eldar Record: 11-8-3

Battle reports, painting and more at Meandering the Dune Sea

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From what I can see in the Codex lore, Harlequins would be an obvious pick since it's quite explicitly stated that Alaitoc have "close ties" to them.

Aspect warriors are mentioned in passing but I don't think that really means anything. I think it's likely they're not too different from other Eldar Craftworlds when it comes to combat. At most, you may be right about them having more Aspects rather than Guardians to reflect their "rigid" nature.

The Corsairs are also mentioned - Possibly, you could have Guardians painted in Corsair colours?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

From what I recall they had the second most aspect warriors out of the big 5. Most people see them as sneaky and subversive. Which to them means warwalkers, scorps, and rangers because they can scout or inflitrate. As long as you have a few ranger/pathfinder squads the rest of the codex is rather open for you fluff wise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by dahli.llama View Post
    I'm just trying to get a feel for what the rest of the Craftworld is doing while the Rangers are out doing their thing.
    Living a life of total dedication and abstinance, well, everything .

Alaitoc is actually the most strictest and regimented of craftworlds, their outward appearance is just 1 of roaming vagabonds because they have so many drop-outs from their strict Paths.

So a Alaitoc army would probably have the most disciplined aspect warriors out there, perhaps not the most flexible. So a +1 leadership and a -1 initiave might be in order if ya wanna make homebrewed rules
    Last edited by Zema; February 6th, 2009 at 19:48.
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

+ Reply to Thread