Autarch - Warhammer 40K Fantasy
 

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!


Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Autarch

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    17
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    1 (x1)

    Autarch

    I am new to 5th Ed. So some of the rules are very foren to me.

    Can you give a Autarch Swooping Hawk wings and attach him to a Warp Spider squad and deep strike them all in one go?

    Thanks in advance.

    LD


  2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Member Dekendo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Anaheim, CA
    Age
    29
    Posts
    545
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    89 (x2)

    Sorry but from the new FAQ ruling, "An Autarch may only deep strike with a unit utilizing surprise assault if he has a jump generator..." so he has to have the generator if your deep striking him with spiders. He also has to have wings if you want to use him with skyleap and the hawks, and with the bike units he must also have a bike.

    If you want to peruse the rules
    http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_...05_Edition.pdf
    Never apologise for asking questions young seers, through asking
    questions we find answers, and through those answers we gain
    knowledge of ourselves and the universe around us
    -Farseer Marauth
    Meet My Autarch

  4. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    17
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    1 (x1)

    Thank you. I will explore the rules PDF you gave me the link to.

    Quickly though. Two moe questions.

    1. Can Spiders move in the assult phase after deep striking useing their jump generators?

    2. Can jet bikes move in the assult phase if they used their turbo boosters?

    No more rules questions after this I promise.

    I played in my first tourney after more then 4 years. (3rd Ed). I thinkI gott hoodwinked over a few rules is why I am asking.

    Thanks again.

    LD

  5. #4
    Member wht_rbbt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Corpus Christi
    Age
    29
    Posts
    89
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    3 (x1)

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Dog View Post
    1. Can Spiders move in the assult phase after deep striking useing their jump generators?
    2. Can jet bikes move in the assult phase if they used their turbo boosters?
    LD
    1. Yes they can, just like it states in the codex on page 36
    2. Yes. pg. 53 of the 5th edition codex

    And don't feel deterred to ask, someone is always willing to help.
    Last edited by wht_rbbt; February 8th, 2009 at 02:13.
    "stupid overtime zombie virus."
    "I'm glad that worked. Those would have been horrible last words."

  6. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    17
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    1 (x1)

    Just found the Warp spider question in the FAQ. I ended up tieing a game in the tourney because I was told they could NOT make the assult move.

    I was suprised by the Troops pnly rule for taking objectives. My army was set up and painted as a Swordwind army list. So I had to scramble to get enough jet bikes in a "Close" color scheme.

    Anyway thank you all for your help.

    LD

  7. #6
    Member Dekendo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Anaheim, CA
    Age
    29
    Posts
    545
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    89 (x2)

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Dog View Post
    Just found the Warp spider question in the FAQ. I ended up tieing a game in the tourney because I was told they could NOT make the assult move.

    I was suprised by the Troops pnly rule for taking objectives. My army was set up and painted as a Swordwind army list. So I had to scramble to get enough jet bikes in a "Close" color scheme.

    Anyway thank you all for your help.

    LD
    Yeah you got screwed... After deep strike the spiders may shoot or run in the shooting phase and then use their assault jump in the assault phase. This is backed up by the BRB and the FAQ so if anyone has an issue with it direct them to the rules.

    On a side note... The FAQ states that the spiders can make their assault jump in ANY assault phase where they are not assaulting of fighting in an assault. You can therefore technically make your assault move in your opponent's assault phase. This is not a friendly tactic and will most likely raise some eyebrows but it is RAW. Enjoy pissing off those pathetic SMurfs with your awesome rule bending units.
    Never apologise for asking questions young seers, through asking
    questions we find answers, and through those answers we gain
    knowledge of ourselves and the universe around us
    -Farseer Marauth
    Meet My Autarch

  8. #7
    Nightlord frozencore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,795
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    255 (x6)

    Quote Originally Posted by wht_rbbt View Post
    1. Yes they can, just like it states in the codex on page 36
    2. Yes. pg. 53 of the 5th edition codex

    And don't feel deterred to ask, someone is always willing to help.
    No, units cannot move in the assault phase after they turbo boost, page 76 of the 5th edition rule book. "Cannot execute any other voluntary action" is pretty concrete.

  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    454
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputation
    61 (x0)

    Quote Originally Posted by Dekendo View Post
    Sorry but from the new FAQ ruling, "An Autarch may only deep strike with a unit utilizing surprise assault if he has a jump generator..." so he has to have the generator if your deep striking him with spiders. He also has to have wings if you want to use him with skyleap and the hawks, and with the bike units he must also have a bike.

    If you want to peruse the rules
    http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_...05_Edition.pdf
    I'm not so sure on that Dekendo, I don't think that FAQ ruling applies anymore seeing as all you don't need to use Surprise Assault to deep strike. The Autarch and the Spiders are both jump infantry and by default have the ability to deep strike, I don't see any reason they wouldn't be able to do so together. Otherwise would you say a marine IC with a jump pack couldn't deepstrike with a squad of assault marines?

  10. #9
    Member Dekendo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Anaheim, CA
    Age
    29
    Posts
    545
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    89 (x2)

    Quote Originally Posted by Deris87 View Post
    I'm not so sure on that Dekendo, I don't think that FAQ ruling applies anymore seeing as all you don't need to use Surprise Assault to deep strike. The Autarch and the Spiders are both jump infantry and by default have the ability to deep strike, I don't see any reason they wouldn't be able to do so together. Otherwise would you say a marine IC with a jump pack couldn't deepstrike with a squad of assault marines?
    The marine IC with a jump pack has the same equipment as the assault marines. The autarch however, has two options of "jump infantry" to pick from so the comparison isn't quite right. The comparrison would be more like a Terminator IC deepstriking with Assault marines. The Autarch can choose to have the WJG and go with the spiders or the wings and go with the hawks. You may be right about the special rules being the only things that matter for deep strike purposes but I would err on the side of caution personally. A five point difference between the wings and the WJG is hardly something to worry about. Just spend the extra five and be safe about it if you are putting him with the spiders anyway. This gives you more options too, giving you the ability to stay with the squad and still make use of the second assault jump or split off and have the same ability as the wings. (plus the second warp jump if you feel brave)
    Last edited by Dekendo; February 8th, 2009 at 04:11.
    Never apologise for asking questions young seers, through asking
    questions we find answers, and through those answers we gain
    knowledge of ourselves and the universe around us
    -Farseer Marauth
    Meet My Autarch

  11. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    17
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    1 (x1)

    On a side note... The FAQ states that the spiders can make their assault jump in ANY assault phase where they are not assaulting of fighting in an assault. You can therefore technically make your assault move in your opponent's assault phase. This is not a friendly tactic and will most likely raise some eyebrows but it is RAW. Enjoy pissing off those pathetic SMurfs with your awesome rule bending units. [/quote]


    Arrg not only did I get hosed over that rule. I would have won that game instead of the draw. DAmn Damn.

    OK thanks all for the help. Thats dirty use of the spiders ability. I will be sure to use it. Thank you.

    LD

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts