Wych Cult - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wych Cult

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x8)

I'm still busy with my other armies, but after that I want to make a Wych Cult, since I'd like to have something different (high speed, fragility, should be interesting), and I'd like to see if DE are really so hard to play as everyone says . Now I was thinking of the following as a start:

HQ: Archite with Agonizer, drugs, splinter pistol, maybe somthing else.
    Troops: I think 2 squads of Wyches with Wych weapons, Succubus with Agonizer, 2 Wyches with blasters, mounted on Raider with darklance. I'll get more as I expand, all squads will probably be identical.
    Fast: some jetbikes.
    Heavy: I'll get something later on, but I'm not sure if I should get a Ravager or some Scourges.

What do you think, are there any must have units I should get immediately? Ideas for expansion? Heck, maybe even a few pointers as I never played something fragile before?

Ze titles yez...
    When in doubt,
    Smite.
    <SilverMane> I would trust BID with my life
    <SilverMane> HEIL BID!
    <Adrian-> BiD is Omnipotent; All Knowing, All Powerful!
    <Scary_Troopers> I see you as an optimist, GT. : D

But what of the midgets!?
    =]Front in favour of Moderation of the Harshest kind.[=

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x4)

A wych cult is indeed difficult to play, but it can be extremely effective - they can beat tyranids in close combat&#33;

Your beta-list basically looks good, but i&#39;d recommend some raider squads, just for screening purposes, and to tie up shooty enemies.
    For heavy support, a ravager is clearly superior to scourges, especially with the trial vehicle rules (if we get a clarification that disintegrators in sustained mode in fact count as defensive weapons...)

jwu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x8)

Okay, so I should take this for a starting list: Archite, Raider squad, 2 mounted Wych squads, jetbikes (I just like these), and a Ravager, right?
    Btw are jetbikes a good choice, cos I think they are but I&#39;m not sure. And what do you think of Hellions, are they worth it?
    Ze titles yez...
    When in doubt,
    Smite.
    <SilverMane> HEIL BID!

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x4)

Reaver jetbikes are good, use them in a squad of at least six models. Two with blasters, and one succubus, armed with power weapon, t-helm and haywires. She shouldn&#39;t have an agonizer, because with S4 she already will wound most enemies on 4+ or even 3+, and with an agonizer you&#39;d waste the chance to get a S5 succubus. Thougies like wraithlords (which often ignore armour saves) should be dealt with with wyches anyway.
    Such a squad of jetbikes can still shoot one target with two tank busting weapons and assault another one, even with the new assault rules. It&#39;s also good enough in close combat to deal with devastor squads. I tend to equip my Lord with a jetbike, and i keep him close to my jetbikes.

For your list, well, it depends on how much cover you use on your gaming tables. If there is rather few, then a cheap and disposable raider squad is highly recommended.

jwu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x8)

Thanks for the tips&#33; I hadn&#39;t thought of mounting an Archite on a jetbike yet, I was thinking of just letting her join a Wych squad on a Raider. Then again Wyches already pack a nasty punch without an Archite joining in... hmm I have to think about that. It&#39;ll be a few weeks at least untill I buy anything anyway, so I got some time .
    Ze titles yez...
    When in doubt,
    Smite.
    <SilverMane> HEIL BID!

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x4)

Remember, you don&#39;t get the dodge save on a jetbike (but the wych weapons still work), but the toughness bonus pays for this - this way you also need the shadow field less often, because less hits wound him, and it will last longer.
    The Lord also doesn&#39;t have to join a unit then, so it won&#39;t happen that he runs off the table together with a squad which suffered heavy casualites - it can be very annoying if a 170pts Lord gets lost this way. With a jetbike, he also doesn&#39;t rely on a fragile raider.

jwu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x8)

Okay you convinced me . I&#39;m definately going to get a Reaver mounted Archite now. Converting the model should be fun too, I&#39;ll see if I can still use the upper body of Lilith Hesperax (or what&#39;s she called), then stick that on the lower body of a jetbike-mounted Wych.
    Ze titles yez...
    When in doubt,
    Smite.
    <SilverMane> HEIL BID!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    451 (x8)

think of this 1 troop=20 wyches 6troops=120 wyches u wont be able to kill them all before they reach you.

spambot kill tally: 79

[16:19] <@Alzer> Arky's right though
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> I know he is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> He usually is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> Sometimes it's intentional.
    ----
    [00:01] <+zubus> i love you, ya skirt wearin nothern monkey! ^_^

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x4)

That&#39;s not a good idea. Unless you play against tyranids or world eaters you will lose too many of them.

For the points of 120 wyches the enemy will get 100 marines, who will get an opportunity to shoot at least once, probably twice. The surviving wyches won&#39;t be able to deal with these then anymore, as there are probably thrice their points of marines in that following close combat.

Wyches *need* raiders.

jwu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Think about this would a wyche unit beat a genestealer unit in cc?
    I am the Lord of Destruction
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Fools...i&#39;ll destroy them all

<a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Daemon%20Lord' target='_blank'>http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Daemon%20Lord</a>

<a href='http://quiz.ravenblack.net/blood.pl?biter=Daemon+Lord' target='_blank'>http://quiz.ravenblack.net/blood.pl?biter=Daemon+Lord</a>

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast