Welcome to Librarium Online!
My friend just started playing TAU and had some questions.
1. He heard/read from somewhere that when a squad is targeted by a markerlight whoever you decide to fire at that target can fire even if they can't see the targeted squad (i.e. they can fire completely through cover or impassable terrain).
2. In the rulebook it says that you must choose up to 3 weapons or 3 support systems for crisis suits. Does this mean that he has to choos any combination as long as he has only 3? He told me that he saw some crisis suit models online that had 3 weapons or 3 support systems etc. and wanted to know if this was legal.
3. He was also wondering where he could see exactly what certain equipment looks like to be modeled (i.e. markerlights, blacksun filters, etc.).
2. Rikimaru has done an excellent job on a guide to XV8's. Here is the link:
I encourage both you and your friend to read it so you can get a better understanding of how XV8's work because they can be a little tricky.
3. The Tau codex has some pics of how Tau wargear looks, but I am not sure how all of the things look. Keep in mind that if something is hard-wired, it doesn't actually need to be modelled on them as it is integrated into the suit.
Two droids walk into a bar. The bartender says "Hey, we don't serve your kind here.", so they leave.
Maybe he's confusing the ability to ignore nightfighting rules using the markerlight. Typically while fighting at night you need to take a sight check to see the target. Using a markerlight (which also needs to make a sight check) another unit can use the token to fire it's full range on the target.