Large Tyranid Project, need help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    85 (x2)

Large Tyranid Project, need help

My some wired twist of fate by the choas gods, a rather unusaul oppertunity has presented itself. I have the oppertunity to Take back my tyranid army that i sold many years ago, Back!

This however will be quite the undertaking. I need to re-do the Paint scheme, so i need to

A ) find some substance that will remove the paint form my models

B ) find a paint scheme thats quick and easy.

Can you guys help me?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    126 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Bladeweaver View Post
    My some wired twist of fate by the choas gods, a rather unusaul oppertunity has presented itself. I have the oppertunity to Take back my tyranid army that i sold many years ago, Back!

This however will be quite the undertaking. I need to re-do the Paint scheme, so i need to

A ) find some substance that will remove the paint form my models

B ) find a paint scheme thats quick and easy.

Can you guys help me?
    Probably best to ask the guys over in the painting forum. But here's a thread I recommend for removing paint: Tekore's Paint Stripping Guide

As for the paint scheme. The fastest painting method is going to be something called dipping. Basically you paint your models two colors (carapace and body) and then dip the model in a wood varnish.
    Tim Wright

"The internet perceives censorship as damage, and routes around it."
    -John Gilmore

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

85 (x2)

i wonder if how the wood varnish will affect different colors?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes, soak your models in simple green, then brush them off with a tooth brush.

as for a new paint scheme, read this:
    A quick guide to ‘Dipping’ your minis | Librarium Online

i would reccomend a tan coor + any color for the carapace.
    "How ironic it is that as fast as we spread progress and hope throughout the galaxy, the Tyranids spread death and despair."
    - Aun'shi of the Tau

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

85 (x2)

I was actually thinking of having a Bleached bone Carapace, and then a colored flesh, Perhaps Red...i wonder if Blue would work? in any case, i decided im going to use the Army Painter in Dawn of War 2, and see what i can come up with.

Thanx for the advice...

What colors are your hive fleets?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just use the Kracken scheme, its easy. it seems like you're gonna do the inverse of that, which sounds cool. I used bleached bone on the skin, and mechrite red on the carapace, then dipped it. and I just got back from stripping my old gaunts' color schemes so i can paint them like everything else. simple green is fun! .

and about DOW2, i pre-ordered it, but i swear it didn't come out yet...when does it come out if so?
    "How ironic it is that as fast as we spread progress and hope throughout the galaxy, the Tyranids spread death and despair."
    - Aun'shi of the Tau

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Bladeweaver View Post
    I was actually thinking of having a Bleached bone Carapace, and then a colored flesh, Perhaps Red...i wonder if Blue would work? in any case, i decided im going to use the Army Painter in Dawn of War 2, and see what i can come up with.

Thanx for the advice...

What colors are your hive fleets?
    The red exoskeleton and bone carapace sounds good. The red and bone work well together. It sounds like the reverse of the Kraken colour scheme and I think will make your Hive fleet more personal, original. You could use scorpion green for the eyes which would bring them out well. I do my eyes yellow, first I paint them black. Then the area I want to be yellow is painted white and then I apply the yellow to make it stand out more. If you use blue instead the look you will get will probably be colder. If you want them cold go for it as nothing says creepy alien like cold.

Here is my Hive fleet (Scorpio), purple and black. buglands

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

Sounds like a good idea for a colour scheme. My Hive Fleet (Hive Fleet Necrosis) is painted in metallic colours: Boltgun metal basecoat followed by a mithril silver dry brush for the exoskeleton and a basecoat of tin bitz for the carapace followed by a layer of brazen brass. I then give the whole thing a reasonably heavy badab black wash and paint the eyes scorpion green.
    Space Marines- The ultimate representation of 'Bros before Hoes'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know a few guys around my store recommend a bath in Pine Sol but I suppose Simple Green works well too! As for a simple scheme dipping is just that. There are also some of the fluff-fleets' schemes and variants in the back of the Codex. As for mine I am doing one similar to what is found at: Necrotales -- Painted Miniatures, Galleries & Tutorials

Though my carapaces are a bit darker or flatter in color, my teeth, talons, and hooves are Blazing Orange, and veins/tongue Liche Purple. Something like that may not be what you'd want. All the same congrats on (re)acquiring your Tyranid Army!
    Human beings, while exceptional in the ability to learn from the mistakes of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

85 (x2)

Tdogloftin- DoW2 comes out this week i think!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast