Effective Walking Tyrant builds? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    172 (x7)

Effective Walking Tyrant builds?

Well, I have a question for you veteran Hive Minds out there.

I am trying to get back into 40k, and after a brief affair with thinking about starting marines I decided to go with Tyrandids, as such I will be starting them up with a 750 pt list.

I was just wondering if there were some effective walking tyrant builds that you guys have tried out and were happy with.

I was thinking about a Tyrant that could do a bit of both worlds, just to see what I might like to focus on when I start increasing my army. I was thinking about running a tyrant with various biomorphs that was armed with Devourers and Talons.

Last edited by Phaeron Typhoon; February 14th, 2009 at 20:06.
    "I am the architect of fate!"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

walking tyarants are always good, but i wouldn't recomend mixing your tyrant up. you might try the walking dakka tyrant(ES, toxin, 2x dev, ex carapace), or the walking CC tyrant(2x scything, toxin, 1-3x retinue, ex carapace if you like).
    "How ironic it is that as fast as we spread progress and hope throughout the galaxy, the Tyranids spread death and despair."
    - Aun'shi of the Tau

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    183 (x4)

there are some effective builds out there, but not that I know that are mixed. Vennom Cannon/Barbed strangler (twin linked or one of each) work quite well, but if you want CC, then better to put wings on them. I, for one, have only used CC Tyrants, so I am not too experianced with the walking Tyrants. But Tyrant Guards are almost always obligotary.
    Quote of the Week (Number 3) - "It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument." - William Gibbs McAdoo (1863-1941)
    Ruina's Hive - My personal Blog

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    344 (x8)

I field a walking dakka rant with 2 TG and it is incredibly effective at reducing gunlines of Tau, guard, eldar, orkz or nids. However i like to field a CC flyrant and a defensive god-fex with him, meaning a lot of the anti tank fire goes away from him. Just as a note, a flyrant with both adrenal glands, Toxic sacs and miasma and an implant attack is a formidible force. not only is it very quick but it can kill multi wound models with incredible ease, or sythe through tanks. I tend to find that CC walkrants are too slow to be effective, so if you take one, make it a dakka rant

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

You can try a cheap Tyrant with scything talons X2 and a retinue of Tyrant guard. Run it up the table and use it to climb all over people. It can still deal with many units like Terminators by ganging up on them with it's Guard along with the Gaunts it controls. Because of the Guard it's difficult to destroy and the cheapness makes it nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Leech View Post
    You can try a cheap Tyrant with scything talons X2 and a retinue of Tyrant guard. Run it up the table and use it to climb all over people. It can still deal with many units like Terminators by ganging up on them with it's Guard along with the Gaunts it controls. Because of the Guard it's difficult to destroy and the cheapness makes it nice.

What's better than an MC? An MC with ten wounds!

Though I'm seriously considering adding a BS to my walking CC tyrant. It'll be slow as nails whenever it shoots, but large templates are pretty good for taking out large sections of troops that have because oh-so familiar in 5th.
    "Tell me what you cherish most. Give me the pleasure of taking it away." Sephiroth, Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children

+ Reply to Thread