Koot - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Koot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello everyone. I am a new Tau player defecting from the ranks of the Eldar, and Deamonhunters. I have played against the Tau many times and have found that there general rarely use the Koot. I on the onther hand read the codex and have found that they appear to be a decient looking cc unit. Is there any advise that anyone can give on how to deploy them.
    Also I read through the new rules and found that there is no more meat shields. All you have to do is a pass a leadership test and POW there they go.

Thanks for all the help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

deploy them in a forest if you can, ALWAYS infiltrate. it gives your opponent something nasty to deal with early in the game. i've heard of them being used after doing the devilfish drive by to prevent the FW's being charged but i haven't tried it yet

the best thing about them is that they are under estimated, huge squads armed with what are effectively BS3 bolters are a very scary prospect indeed OR you charge and they are a nasty CC unit. numbers are key, particularly with the 2" full attacks rule
    less hate more kittens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

deploy them in a forest if you can, ALWAYS infiltrate.
    ^yes!, always infiltrate them to give them a head start and to give the enemy somting to worry about (or if ork/tyranid, just something to kill to start off of) the forests are amazing with kroot. kroot will like thru the whole game if you get them 7" into a forest :ph34r:
    Tau'Va
    "Learn to shorten your reach! If your foe can come close enough to negate your striking power, all strategem is lost and when all stratagem is lost, the battle is lost."
    -O'Shovah

<span style='color:red'>Image Removed</span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is a very un-Tau-ish thing to say but....Kroot make brilliant speed bumps, just get a unit of 20 (with shaper) and hide them in a wood (decent cover save) and pounce on the most expensive/dangerous unit you can see and keep them in combat for a turn or 2. your opponent will either know this and make a massive detoure losing a turn of heavy weapons fire (if they were moving into position) and/or not getting into assault range (if the next turn they could have assaulted your firewarriors) or will not know and will end up getting jumped by a gang of 9ft tall carnivorous budgies.
    [/QUOTE]If your the last man standing, your not fighting hard enough.[QUOTE]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

counter attack units. I&#39;ve used them to support groups of FW in CC w/ deadly affect. Course the second game I played the players were smart enough to take out my kroot before charging but hey, gave me a few extra turns of firing at them.

Caz

Closed Thread