Farseer and Shining Spear question. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Farseer and Shining Spear question.

Can the Farseer withdraw with the shinning spears? I don't think he can but I would just like some clarification. Also I would like clarification on whether or not an Autarch can.

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Bakersfield, Los Angeles. School is Los Angeles, Home is Bakersfield
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The farseer can't (because he is an IC i believe), but because the autarch is a master strategist he can, it allows him to use all aspect powers that a squad has as if he was one of that aspect.
    ___
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-
    O RLY?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Kranberry View Post
    The farseer can't (because he is an IC i believe), but because the autarch is a master strategist he can, it allows him to use all aspect powers that a squad has as if he was one of that aspect.
    ????????????

Is is written that Autarch can use Exarch Powers as long as it is not being Shadowstrike. Farseer may not. It is clearly stated, but I don't have codex and I do not know exactly where. I think it's just before unit description begins.

Bakersfield, Los Angeles. School is Los Angeles, Home is Bakersfield
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's on page 21 of the eldar codex. "Note that Exarch powers can only ever affect Aspect Warriors and Autarchs in the same squad as the Exarch using them..." But shadowstrike is an exception as stated in when describing the power.

I'm assuming that Master Strategist also accompanies this rule because it's just kinda thrown in there when describing exarch powers.

I think it's in the big 5th edition book that if you put an IC (besides an autarch) in a squad, the squad looses it's special rules while the IC is in the squad, ie. hit and run. (Don't have the book with me at school)

So, I used the wrong words in my last post, change "...all exarch powers that a squad has as if he was one of that aspect."
    Last edited by Kranberry; February 24th, 2009 at 23:37.
    ___
    {o,o}
    |)__)
    -"-"-
    O RLY?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x3)

I'm away from my book but there are some special powers that ICs pick up if they join a squad with them I believe (I mean in the BBB not the codex).

But I really doubt hit and run is one of them, so this should be a clearcut

Farseer No
    Autarch Yes

Though one thing that might cheer you up is that per the FAQ farseers can cast fortune, doom and guide from inside a transport now. (Measuring distance from the hull).

So if you're looking for a way to have your squad fortuned in CC without your farseer getting easily killed a falcon or serpent tagging along could be your ticket.

+ Reply to Thread