Orks skyboards! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Orks skyboards!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Orks skyboards!

Reading somewhere here on the forums there was a posting about converting orks to ride tou Gun drones which is amazing, funny, and orky. But it got me thinking, when I got the huge lot of SMs and DE I got a bunch of hellions. I hate hellions, they are overpriced (points) and ineffective. So I was thinking about modelling some of my sons orks on the skyboards and calling them komandos! We are trying to go for a humourus theme with his army so I am imagining them hanging on by fingertips and or trying to balance on one leg.

Ideas? Thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Hmm...

Orks on skyboards sound more like Stormboyz to me, but I say go for it. Using bits from different armies is the best way to make Orks look their Orkiest! My kmbs, for example, are all Tau plasmaguns, my converted lootas are mostly weilding marine heavy bolters, and my Stormboyz have hunter killer missiles strapped to their backs.
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

"Kalla bunga doodz! Waaagh!"

Sky Surfing Orks? I love it. I agree w/ grax. They're probably better off as stormboyz than kommandos (I just don't see them as stealthy ya know?). But it's a cool idea. I could just imagine orks with sunglasses and Hawiian shirts now... Be sure to make their hair blonde...
    My award winning Orky tale

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do'h.. yeah stormboyz. I am not too familiar with the codex, sorry
    It fits in with what we are call sort of doing (whole family less wife plays... she makes terrain) But we are all modeling our armies w/ fighting each other in mind. Lets just say my chaos player took all my extra DE heads... and my trophy racks bear ork heads. I just wish DE had more heavy weapons that he could use, I wound up using most of my splinter cannons. Though A dark lance wouldn't be a bad KMB.

So yeah Stormboyz! on skyboards, might even paint one up as michael j fox ala back to the future.

+ Reply to Thread