advantages? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: advantages?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

advantages?

I am thinking about starting an army of necrons. Can some one tell me the advantages of using them?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there gauss weapons get a d6 on glancing, they get the will be back roll, and the nightbringer is just plain out nasty

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x4)

Necron gauss weapons can damage everything and anything on a roll of 6. They have what is possibly the best tank in the game, and they are easy for beginners.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

In addition to what's already been said, they're also fairly easy to assemble and even a simple paint scheme can look quite effective on them. I would highly recommend just getting some warriors and using them to test out colour schemes first though, I didn't and now I'm in the process of repainting 30+ bolt gun metal warriors into something more interesting. Especially annoying as I keep on changing my mind about what looks good or "fresh".
    They're a fairly versitile force, they do have a lot of options that many players over look, like assault heavy lists and speed list. They are also very forgiving for a new player thanks to their MEQ stats and the We'll Be Back rule, so you can still make mistakes, survive and not get discouraged.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    457 (x8)

I think they're a bit harder to use for beginners now than before, particularly because the new close combat rules and the elimination of the glancing hit table make things more difficult.

Still, they are good at shooting. Lots and lots of shooting. They have the volume of fire that you'd expect from Imperial Guardsmen (better, in some cases), but the resiliency to being shot back at you'd expect from marines. Yes, they are tough to use well in close combat, which is their chief weakness, but fortunately a careful study of the codex reveals lots of techniques for avoiding this, or providing counter-charge units as a buffer.

I think they have the cheapest monstrous creatures in the game (Tomb Spyders) and the C'Tan are nothing to sneeze at, pricey as they are. The monolith is arguably the best vehicle in the game, with living metal, the armour of a land raider and an ordinance weapon that cannot be destroyed without blowing up the whole monolith, which I have yet to see happen... ever.
    Destroyers are, in large groups, absolutely devastating. I also like the so-called "flying circus" of a squad of immortals attached to a lord with Veil of Darkness. Really makes your opponents nervous.

Any army with some or all of these units in it should do pretty well. If you feel like a challenge, try out wraiths, flayed ones, even (gasp!) pariahs. They take finesse to use right, but they can really clean your opponents' clocks.

Good luck, and be sure to post an army list for review!
    Mickey: "You're just making this up as you go along!"
    The Doctor: "Yuuuup. But I do it brilliantly!"

Check out my WIP thread here (Clicky!)

The rules (Clicky!) Read 'em, know 'em, love 'em.

Peace, through superior firepower.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canew View Post
    The monolith is arguably the best vehicle in the game, with living metal, the armour of a land raider and an ordinance weapon that cannot be destroyed without blowing up the whole monolith, which I have yet to see happen... ever.

I lost 2 monoliths in 2 turns by the same Predator yesterday =(. I couldn't believe it.
    After 2 turns:
    "What the #%&! I killed 14 warriors and only 2 actually died?!"
    "Looks like you're going to have to do something else!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x4)

Also, The Deceiver is a real monster. I've tested him against a friend. He kills termies without breaking a sweat, and it's hard to kill him in turn. Use him to protect against anything that could damage your warriors, there are few things that are really a match for him.

+ Reply to Thread