Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Check it out!
As posted by Bryndyr on Portent:
Was at Warhammer World At the Weekend and got to see a lot of the new WH 40K models due out before xmas.
(1) The Raven Guard force commander is superb *drools down front of shirt* as per other rumours here, he is armed with two lightning claws, with customised jet pack, modelled by Mark Harrison.
(2) New Attack Bike - not realy impressed with this, couldn't realy see that mush difference to the current one.
(3) New command sprue - *fantastic* the models looked very crisp and very good. The rumour about only one lightning claw is correct, but it will be addressed by a new assault sprue due sometime in the near future.
(4) Commander in Terminator armour - oh my god, this guy is very cool. I haven't personnally seen any pictures of this guy (cue several posts showing me a thread to him). He looks like a cross between the new WH crusaders and the current terminator models, i.e. big sword, big - highly detailled shield etc, very nicely painted, and for a terminator quite a dynamic pose.
(5) Whirlwind model should be out by xmas
(6) New Wave Serpent model
(7) New terminators, not bad minis - but why do they always seem to be so static in pose?
(8 ) Orks - are to be completely re-done. They are planning to bring back the "fun / humour" into playing an orc army. Based on some of the concept sketches these guys are going to be serious fun to play.
(9) Nid army are being exstnesively re-modelled as we speak. Not being a Nid player I didn't pay a lot of attention to what was being said. All I could pick up was a couple of new new models and several re-designs are being done.
(10) Battle Of McRagge was viewed, the models are ok, but then again it is only designed to bring new players into the gaming world. The model are simple "pop" together design, the nids on the other side - no idea if new or not.
(11) Dark Eldar being re-done - no firm information on what is being planned.
Sounds cool. The reason I havn't started 40k orks is beacause all the models besides the boyz and warboss suck balls. Bikers anyone?Although i do have a huge bfg fleet(orcs kick arse in BFG!.
They are redoing a new whirlwind model? I thought the whirlind was nice the way it is, but hey, I'm not complaining. I definately can't wait for the orks, I wouldn't play them, but I'd like to play against them.
Outstanding find HiveFleetVulcan!
Mad Props to Angel_of_Rust for the sig.
got any more info on the nids perhaps,
also did you get to see the new model of the whirlwind
The new dark eldar better be groin grabingly good. cause the plastics now suck more than ... some thing that... sucks... a lot... I guess ^_^
Tomb Kings, Marines, Eldar
hmm i hate the current ork vehicles, teh drivers are soo tiny! as soon as the new codex and models come out im gonna take my orks off the shelves and start kickin some ass!
I hope they do do new truks i cant stand teh ones now which means im going to have to convert four truks for my speed freaks.
The poster formaly known as VampireSoul, formaly known as OrkSlugga now known as Orkslugga.