Picked up some Orks - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Picked up some Orks

Me and a bud split 2 Black reach sets. I currently have 40 Boyz, 10 Nobz, 2 Bosses, 6 Defcoptas, and I picked up 6 bikes.

My biggest challenge now is figuring out what upgrades to take. I am wanting to build a more hordish army with fast attack support.

I am currently trying to find the most balanced optimized build for what a have.

Any suggestions?

I am planning on picking up the set with the Truk, 20 Boyz, and 3 more bikes.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.
    -Sun Tzu

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by misawa View Post
    My biggest challenge now is figuring out what upgrades to take. I am wanting to build a more hordish army with fast attack support.
    For a horde army you want lots of Boyz, that is 100 or more. You already got 40 and with the content of more boxes and/or Ebay you can quickly get more. It is very important that you have every mob of Boyz lead by a Nob with a Powerclaw because it's the Powerclaw that really does the damage.

Bikez and Koptaz are nice fast attack choices because with Koptaz you can outflank and the Bikze can be built into Nob Bikaz, one of the nastiest units in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by misawa View Post
    I am planning on picking up the set with the Truk, 20 Boyz, and 3 more bikes.
    Sounds like a good idea, but most of all you need more Powerclaws and Boyz.
    "Fear not and look up to the sky for salvation, for we have entered orbit."
    Blood Angels 2nd Grail Guard Company

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Hmm...

Have you checked out the topic called 'the basics' in the 2008 Ork index? If not, I'd check it out. A few people, including myself, put it together as a guide for new Ork players.

Percival is right, but I think 100 boyz is overkill in anything below 2000 points. You need speed in the list, or opponents will just outmaneuver you and either use templates to wipe you out, or just go for the objectives you can't reach on foot.

Depending on the point level 60-80 is fine, but you'll need at least one fast troop unit in order to claim distant objectives (especially in the 'seize ground' mission). I'd add at least a single unit of unit of slugga boyz in a trukk, a unit of nobz/meganobz in a vehicle or on bikes, or a unit of 20 shoota boyz in a battlewagon. I also like using at least one small unit of grotts, to either stand in front of the boyz, or to sit on an objective in your deployment zone.

The best way to start any Ork army is to split 2 assault on black reach boxes with a marine player, get a single trukk or battlewagon, and find some cheap grotts (or goblins to represent grots) on ebay. Then convert one of the warbosses into a big mek w/kustom force field, and use the nobz as either nobz in a vehicle, or as kommandos (just give them a camo paint job).

Just make the powerklaws out of spare bits or pieces of plastic, and be sure to put at least one powerklaw in each unit. You could also buy the new nobz set if you like, but that'll cost more money. If you're going to use bikes, then get at least 5. Anything less won't last.

In any case, good luck!
    Last edited by mynameisgrax; March 3rd, 2009 at 05:39. Reason: forgot something
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the welcome and the tips.

I might be able to pick up an Ork army that a friend no longer wants. It has Ghazghkull, Grotsnik, a dreadnaught, a few burna boyz, some metal nobz, a buggy, and 40-50 boyz. I also bought a Wierdboy and my first Meganob.

I will look around to see if I can get some help with your conversion ideas.

Thanks again.
    Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.
    -Sun Tzu

+ Reply to Thread