Speed Freak Tactica. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    In your mind - well you cant prove im not.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, so KoS seem to be quite popular on here at the moment but how can we do them well? We orks bosses dont want to be losing our trucks to da pansie beakes or da little umies now do we?

What is the best way to tackle the army compersision and use of a speed freak army. I plan to do one now for a change from my orks and to hopefully get of my losing streak , what would you say would be a good 1000 and 1500 point army, please post lists and tactics. Im sure this post will help me and all budding speed freak players of the future.

Thanks, OrkSlugger.

The poster formaly known as VampireSoul, formaly known as OrkSlugga now known as Orkslugga.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

right when ur about to loose grab your guys and throw the bored across the room and run like hell!

Thats an ork stratigy!
    My Tyranid Pictures
    <a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Tyranid%20dude' target='_blank'>http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Tyranid%20dude</a>

&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.liquidgeneration.com&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot;&gt;&lt;img src=&quot;[url]http://www.liquidgeneration.com/quiz/images/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to do KOS well....hmmm... that is kinda a hard question, as that KOS are a pretty damn good choice for an army... it all depends completely on what you want... I would go with a LOT of Buggies and Bikes... the bike will help protect the Footslogging boyz, while the Buggies will screen the vehicles that need protection... And don&#39;t forget to give your buggies either Shield generators (whatever they are called, don&#39;t have my dex now) or Armored topz... that will give them more survivability... And a Scorcha in each Buggy squad will give you some medium troop destroying... :lol:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If i gave my buggies armoured tops or force fields that would pretty much destroy the speed of the KoS though and i need to be in there second turn with such a low Ork model count, check out my list in the army list section, please tell me what the best ways would be to use this list aginst a varity of foes.
    The poster formaly known as VampireSoul, formaly known as OrkSlugga now known as Orkslugga.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If i gave my buggies armoured tops or force fields that would pretty much destroy the speed of the KoS
    Actually, no it wouldn&#39;t... only the force field would... an armoured top on an open topped ork vehicle only stops it form being openned topped... not FAST.... so it wouldn&#39;t be good on trukkz... but it would be a HUGE help on Buggies.... Trukkz just need to be screened... and if you want em to go REALLY fast to get up there... Turbo Boostaz combined with Red paint jobz give you an extra D6+1".... which will REALLY help get those Trukk boyz into Assault quickly....

right when ur about to loose grab your guys and throw the bored across the room and run like hell&#33;
    Thats an ork stratigy&#33;
    That&#39;s not really funny DA... Please don&#39;t say stuff like that... <_<

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, no it wouldn&#39;t... only the force field would... an armoured top on an open topped ork vehicle only stops it form being openned topped... not FAST.... so it wouldn&#39;t be good on trukkz... but it would be a HUGE help on Buggies.... Trukkz just need to be screened... and if you want em to go REALLY fast to get up there... Turbo Boostaz combined with Red paint jobz give you an extra D6+1".... which will REALLY help get those Trukk boyz into Assault quickly....Â*
    Although if i gace them armoured tops then i would not be able to charge out of my truck, read the 4th ed rules Vampire_Drake8. If you have not they may surprise you.

Vampire_Drake8 take a look at my army list My Ork army list, please all coment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think hes saying armored tops on the buggies and not the trukks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aha, i get you now VD8, sorry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No prob Slugga&#33; I think that armored tops are a MUST with Buggies.... and ONLY BUGGIES.... Wartrukks need to remain open topped, just a nice screen would do, maybe of the buggies&#33; :lol: But... i would give a Battlewagon Force Fields... that way you have an open topped vehicle with 13 front armor, and you can still jump from it in an assault&#33;&#33; :o And actually the Field is cheaper than armor tops.... but the buggies would be slower...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okiedokie...I realize that this is thread necromancy, BUT, I think it would be better to build on what&#39;s here, rather than make up a new thread -- if any other mods disagree, feel free to trash this. I may be picking up the KoS soon...Orks add a whole new dimension of comedy to any game, and I&#39;ve heard that the KoS is actually a pretty competitive army. I&#39;m wondering how to start, preferably at 400 pts (40k in 40min). I&#39;m thinking the Trukkboyz boxed set, and a box of Boyz and a Trukk, a few Burna Boyz to mix in with the squads, and two Buggies, as well as some Grots with Tools for the riggers...oh...and the new Ork &#39;dex when it comes out ^_^ . Would you say that&#39;s a good start? Also, what are some basic tactics? Just drive as bloody fast as you can from cover to cover and assault?
    OMFG1337&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;111one

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast