Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Hey, I'm making some Nob bikers with a painboy and don't know how to go with the WYSIWYG rule with the 'urty Syringe. Shall I buy a painboy model and use the arm from that or just create my own?
Red ones goes faster - it's true :)Ork Freebooter Crusaders!3/0/1
Just find a thin tube, and use much thinner wire and some Green Stuff to make it look like a syringe. I am making an entire army of Biker Nobs soon, and that is what I plan on doing.
Hope this helps
I've thought about how I'd konvert Painboyz too.
The one idea that I REALLY like the most is..
+Cut a Space Marine power fist off at the wrist and attach it to the wrist of a Nob.
+Drill a few holes in the power first and run thin wires to various bitz that could be passed for chemical stoppers. Paint them such that they look fulled with all sorts of odd liquids, then gloss them to give them a glassy look.
+Kustomize as many syringes as you have chemical stoppers. I thought about how to do this.. and I've decided there should not be any specific way, the more variety the better, and the more syringes the better.
The overall effect, I'm hoping.. would be to have a wicked sick looking fist that nobody would rightly want within ten meters of them, let alone being punched by it
Err.. I don't know exactly what to call them (chemical stoppers). I mean large cylindrical glass jars filled with whatever random, ten times deadly medicine the Painboy concocted on his last fungal beer trip.
I haven't got an actual plan for how to make him.. though.. just a rough idea.. one out of the many (I'm sure a hundred by this point) kunvershun ideas I've come up with, but will probably never get around to doing. Hell, I still haven't finished assembling my AoBR boyz or kunverting my WHFB Orks to WH40 propa. Sorry mate /-:
If it helps any, I did mean to imply that the various syringes should be sticking out of the kustom power fist.
I took a page from the 'humies and made something similar to the Space Marine Attack Bike, only instead of a marine w/ heavy bolter in the additional seat I put a painboy. I took a warbike and bitz from the marine attack bike and added the passenger seat onto it. After orkfying it of course. Basically I do is put my painboy model in the extra seat, it's that simple, that way I can use the painboy on foot or on a bike. I have a grot driving the bike itself. (I figured the painboy can't drive and fix up ladz at the same time.)
Hope that helps.
My award winning Orky tale
You could go the simple route and just nick the gauntlet from an apothecary...
or, as other people have said, nothing to say it has to be a syringe. Just give him a doctors mask and a wicked looking skalpel or a bonesaw. I doubt people will argue he can't be a painboy just because he doesn't have a syringe.
Guardian of DMC's mighty pink thong.
Free Cookies Inside!
Okay. now I completely understand!
Anyways, that does sound like a cool plan. Perhaps you could also use the Cybork Buzz-saw arm that comes in the ORk Nobs kit and attach that to the Pain Boy for his Bone Saw type weapon. Lastly, I was think you could put magnets in his butt and feet so you can either make him a foot-slogger (with the magnets to attach and detach him from his base) OR you could attach his butt to the magnet on a Bike!!
(in other words..he's a 2 for 1 Painboy---biker or footslogga)
Last edited by Darkzephyr; March 2nd, 2009 at 14:40.
here is what I did.
1. take a choppa arm that has a bit of the coppa handle sticking out below the hand.
2. Clip off the choppa blade part up from the hand so that as much of the choppa handle is sticking up as you like. Leave a bit as you will see why below.
3. Take three of the choppa arms that have the little rings on the bottom of the coppa handles. Get a pair of sprue clippers and carefully clip the rings off the bottom of the coppa. You need all three.
4. Take the three rings clipped above. Glue one on the end of the clipped off choppa above the hand from step two above so that it is standing up and looks like a ring on a plunger. Now take the other two rings and glue them to the side of the clipped off choppa so that they look like the finger rings on a suringe.
5. Take a paper clip and cut off a straight piece with some wire cutters. Take the apporpriate sized drill and drill the coppa handle from step two below the hand as if you were going to pin it. Now glue the cut piece of paperclip in the hole and you have an instant urty sringe.
Hope this helps...