Raider Gun Boat Question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Raider Gun Boat Question

Question: Can troops on a raider fire if it moves over 6 inches?

All I can find in the rulebook is "Models firing from a vehicle count as moving if the vehicle moves, and may not fire at all if the vehicle moved at Cruising speed that turn"

In the fast vehicle section it doesn't say anything about troops on transports firing, from what I can see. The answer to my question seems to be that they cannot fire, since cruising speed is between 6 and 12 inches.

The only thing that doesn't make sense to me is that DE troops in a raider can move up to 12 inches, disembark, and then shoot. But if they move 12 inches and stay on board they can't? Does this make sense?

Any insight would be great.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    434 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Bryguygamer View Post
    Question: Can troops on a raider fire if it moves over 6 inches?

All I can find in the rulebook is "Models firing from a vehicle count as moving if the vehicle moves, and may not fire at all if the vehicle moved at Cruising speed that turn"

In the fast vehicle section it doesn't say anything about troops on transports firing, from what I can see. The answer to my question seems to be that they cannot fire, since cruising speed is between 6 and 12 inches.

The only thing that doesn't make sense to me is that DE troops in a raider can move up to 12 inches, disembark, and then shoot. But if they move 12 inches and stay on board they can't? Does this make sense?

Any insight would be great.
    And thatís all I can find also, annoying isnít it?

Itís probably to stop Gunboats/GunTrukks from moving around the table and changing the mechanics of the game.

Cheers.
    In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    225 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Wicky View Post
    Itís probably to stop Gunboats/GunTrukks from moving around the table and changing the mechanics of the game.
    Yah, since they gave more protection to passengers in transports I think they forsaw the natural tendency to have more "drive-by" squads roaming the board.

Well, if there is something they can do to give our army a special ability then there you go, just put it in the new dex.
    "On a hunch, I melted them down and inhaled the fumes and read the dark eldar codex again, AND FOUND A BUNCH OF NEW RULES HIDDEN BEHIND THE OTHER WORDS..." [Gardeth on modelling & interpreting the DE Codex]

+ Reply to Thread