Orks into stormboys or kommandos? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    266 (x8)

Orks into stormboys or kommandos?

I have 11 ork boys lying around and also 8 stormboys from the old stormboy kit that I find repulsive now.

I want to turn them into productive members of ork society, either stormboys (as they are damn useful) or fill out my 5-strong squad of kommandos.

I have sketches (not at the moment) of rokkit packs I could make up and other bits and pieces to turn the regular orks into rokkit powered doom bringers and kommandos are as simple as chucking lots of gear and pistols and shootas onto the model and voila.

and besides turning them ALL into just regular, foot-slogging boyz, which I also wouldn't mind, what does everyone else think I should do?

I am leaning towards stormboyz because they are incredibly useful against those pesky tau fire warriors and other shooty stuff that is to weedy to come close on its own.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

seeing as you already have some kommandos, I suggest you bulk them up a bit. But in the end, just go with whatever you think you would have more fun with.
    I couldn't think of anything funny, smart, or witty to say, so I said this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x2)

Both Kommandos and Stormboyz can be very useful in the right setting. I have a squad of both, but sometime I don't use either. That said I do love using them

What does the rest of you army look like? Since the 2 squads use different FOC slots then maybe that will help make your decision. If you are heavy on Elite and light on Fast Attack, then go with the Stormboyz.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Hmm...

I'd beef up that kommando squad. 5 isn't going to be nearly enough. You need 9-13, with 2 burnas and then either a nob w/powerklaw and bosspole, or Snikkrot.

Stormboyz really need to be in units of 15-20, or else they die too quickly to shooting. They also need a nob, powerklaw and bosspole to be effective. Don't use Zaggstrukk. He's the worst character in the Ork army.

I'd actually consider splitting the difference. Add 4 boyz to the kommandos and 7 boyz to the stormboyz. That way you can have both. If you find you don't like one or the other, you can always convert them later into something else.

In any case, good luck!
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

I'd go for the Kommandoz. Stormboyz can get shot down as they approach the enemy guns, Kommandoz will spring out and get stuck in immediately (works a charm with Snikrot).
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    183 (x3)

Do you guys think that Stormboys without jetpacks would make decent Kommandos? I am going to be using some Stormboy backpacks for my Snowboarding Orks project, which leaves me with 10 packless Stormboys. They look commando-y enough.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    211 (x5)

I agree with mynameisgrax on this one, I would do addons for both squads, I am in the same problem myself i have got about 30-40 spare boyz to make in something atop of my 40 shoota and 35 slugga boyz. I have 24 metal stormboyz so i think thats enough i might push to 30 to get 2 mobs of 15 stormboyz .

I think you should do what mynameisgrax suggested. Have a nice balance of both will help for future missions and Both a dirt cheap compare to the rest of the elites and fast attacks.

Good luck on your choosing and Converting but dont forget to post some pictures .

Tarnag: i suppose it could work if you convert them properly mayby give them green cloaks(green stuff) or night vision goggles (i am using space marine scout ones) that my ideas for some of my orky boyz kommandos.
    Last edited by Morden; March 7th, 2009 at 10:21.

+ Reply to Thread