Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ulthwe / Tau Allaince?

2K views 28 replies 14 participants last post by  NecronLegion 
#1 ·
OK page 61 in the tau codex....Ulthran is sympathising to the Tau...I'm wondering
if I can build an Eldar, Tau Army. I think it would work actually...What do you think?

#2 ·
according to somewere in the BBB or in the codex if you want to use and allied army that wouldn't normally be allied (Tau is very friendly and has been know to have been allied with orks, eldar, even chaos forces in battle so i don't think it quite matters) that you just need your opponents permission.

#6 ·
Dang fancy pancies!

<Spits on ground>

Day stupid orcz to da alliez wit yooz!

<Spits again>

Waagh crush fancy pants! WAAGH CRUSH EM GUD!

Lol, Well tau are ALL FOR the greater good so if they like the greater good theyll allie.

#7 ·
In the 40k in 40 mins rules (the eye of terror updated version) that I downloaded from the GW site, it has an alliance grid, it says that Tau may not ally wiht Eldar under any circumstances.

(But who's going to play a stupid rule like that? :p )

#9 ·
wow my first post on the tau forum :D

but anywayy my DH have fought alongside every army except eldar and dark eldar (and chaos of course) :)
it just comes down to what your opponent says :)

and there ya go :D

#10 ·
most things in the BBB is agreed apon by the opponents such as the terrain set up points per army and can this guy see that guy. now i'm not quite sure you can use the ulthwe tau alliance army in a tournament but everyday gaming you just need your opponents permission.

#11 ·
all interesting, I should check with the house rules... I play at GW Battle bunker
and they are a little loose on them so I might get away with it.

*Edit* and as for the orks? I think not. There are numourus accounts of
battles against them, the Tau do carry grudges ya know.

*2nd edit* Phobos pointed out the quote to me on page 61 for those
of you not smart enough to figure it out, the qote is posted in my signature.

#18 ·
Nurgle-infested Tyranids. . . . . . or Tyranid gene infested Nurglings. . . . . who knows.

So, Eldrad Ulthran actually thinks that the Tau will best the Eldar in time, eh???

Yeah, Eldar and Tau seems very similar.

#21 ·
Originally posted by Infrazael Draennonssraav@Jul 31 2004, 15:36
So, Eldrad Ulthran actually thinks that the Tau will best the Eldar in time, eh???
He was a damn good seer. He's probably accurate with that statement.

#22 ·
Just kinda a question i have... but where in the tau codex does it say that tau where allied with orks... Cause i had reason to belive that tau hated orks beyond all reason because orks a natualy chaotic and the tau want order not choas...

#23 ·
they seem to be talking about commander farsight and the renegade conclave, hey i guess if you trade good weaponry and money to the orks, you could probably buy them and own them for weapons dependancies.

#24 ·
But commander Farsight i though has a great hate for orks thats the reason hes all alone in the first place... because he lost his etharal while battling orks.....

#26 ·
What do you mean corrupted.... Tau can't be possed by the warp... so that means they don't know the meaning of chaos... all they have is this little perfect little wannabe happy society... with order NOT CHAOS!!!!

so I don't see how farsight could ever, EVER ally with orks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.