Saim-hann Scout Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well a few years back I bought about 1500 points of Eldar but my friend whom I was going to play with moved away, so my interest in the game died. Well he moved back and thus my models have snuck out of the closet. I really like the Alaitoc rules how ever something turns me off about the paint scheme. I really like the Saim-Hann paint scheme, but not the rules. So I have been trying to justify using alaitioc rules with a SH paint scheme.

So here is my idea:
    I was thinking I would like to field the army as like a Saim-Hann recon unit or like scouts for the main army. Most of the stores in my area play about 1000 points, so I am attempting to make a 1000 point army that would be able to compete and not be in complete contradiction of fluff.

Models I have:
    -Farseer
    -5 Warp Spider(1 is an exarch)
    -10 Striking Scorpions(1 is an exarch)
    -10 Rangers
    -About 20 Gaurdians(maybe more)
    -5 Jetbikes
    -1 Viper
    -1 Falcon

In order to field a legal Alaitioc army I would have to have two 3 man units of rangers. (I think I would like to use the remaining 4 rangers as pathfinders.) I would also have to field 2 units of guardians and a farseer. Then to remain fluffy with the theme that it is a Saim-Hann scout army, I would want to field the Jetbikes(I know they suck, but I like them so dont try to talk me out of them, this is not a tourney army. ) and the viper.

I am very confused and thus I turn to you experienced eldar players, what do you think I should take? I am not asking a for a complete army list but rather if you can rule out some of my ideas or set me in the right direction I would appriciate the help.

I really dont want to spend any more money on the game untill I get an army up and running and I can justify spending money on models that wont end up back in the closet. So please keep that in mind when making suggestions.

So what do you guys think -- Is it possible or is it just silly? How should I expand the army to fit with the theme?
    Perhaps it is just silly and I should just make my own paint scheme and play nilla? I'm not quite sure, so let me know what you guys think.

Thanks for your time,
    Xikan

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if u like alatoic and the saim hann scheme, then why dont u just play the army painted as saim hann or similar with the alatoic rules? :huh: your could paint them pink and white and call them the pink bunnies if u wanted to, and use the alatoic rules. and this is tourney legal

my friend paints his iyanden army different from the codex and it doesnt matter. no need trying to re arrarange and combine two armies that really have nothing common.

if your dead set on this idea, then i suggest this. field MORE rangers. first off you need atleast 4 units of rangers in ANY list to be legal. so u def need more. and to be effective, an alatoic army needs LOTS of rangers. my other firneds fields about 30-40 rangers in his 1500 point list.

pathfinders yes u need them.

the jetbikes, and vyper (should get more, that is if u still decdie to do this, which i dont think u should) and falcon are also saim hann fluffy, but not alatoic fluffy.

u cant really combine the fluff of both armies since they are 2 different styles. dont mean to be a prick but thats the way it goes.
    <insert witty remark here>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No problems here bro, thanks for letting me know how you really feel. Well thats what I was trying to propose, playing the Alt under with a Saim-Hann paint scheme. I just wanted to try to scew my fast attack options more towards SH, with jetbikes and vipers. Yes I am aware that I am very much lacking rangers to pull off a decent a alt list and provided I can justify spending more money that is probably the first thing I would get. I appriciate the reply.

Anyway to take advtange of pinning units with rangers then using Jetbikes, Warpspiders, or Viper/Falcon with CTM to shoot without getting shot back or would this just not work?

Thanks again for your help and replies,
    Xikan

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well the alatoic army has no real problem pinning AND doing enough damage to bring armies ot their knees. i mean u shoot at them before the game begins&#33;

yes that is a very good idea tho. very eldar-esk the spiders would fit this plan perfectly and so would the vypers. i never thought the idea was bad, but dont try to combine the fluff.

one last time. i support the idea of the gameplay, just agaisnt combinign fluff. the spiders, vypers, falcons, rangers and pathfinders all working in conjunction..ouch

so to pull this off u just need alot more rangers, some pathfinders and sone vypers. also some more spiders...i hope u ahve some money <_<
    <insert witty remark here>

Closed Thread