Biggest unfairness for Tau - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Biggest unfairness for Tau

While most other armies can survive having shitty turns of shooting Tau just can't afford a whole crappy turn to allow enemies getting too close to their lines! This is really friggin unfair in term of game balance. Sometimes I find that orks tend to have better fire power than me cause they get to shoot WAY more unaccurate shots at me! The fact that Tau relying on limited precision shots from things like Rail alot is totally unfair. Need more explosive type weapons!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    204 (x6)

You're preaching to the choir, but there are ways to overcome any odds. Protect yourself from those darn greenskins with devilfish, AFP, twin-linked flamers (bargain!), and railhead submunitions.

Also use the terrain setup to slow them down as much as possible and force them to split their attack onto two fronts if possible.

--•-My 40K projects-•--

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

While I completely understand your point...
    A bad round of shooting at thirty inches, while being unfortunate for us, means we still have space between us and the enemy.
    A bad round of shooting at fifteen inches is just unfortunate, but that's when you have to play to the Tau's mobility. Like KR said, the devilfish is your friend.
    Also, for anyone who has a bad shooting round against Orks, letting them get too close means hordes in close combat.
    My platform is RL, you'd be surprised at the quality of the graphics!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stevish4U View Post
    While I completely understand your point...
    A bad round of shooting at thirty inches, while being unfortunate for us, means we still have space between us and the enemy.
    A bad round of shooting at fifteen inches is just unfortunate, but that's when you have to play to the Tau's mobility. Like KR said, the devilfish is your friend.
    Also, for anyone who has a bad shooting round against Orks, letting them get too close means hordes in close combat.
    considering the size of decent horde armies there isn't really much areas to run to!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

You have a point, but horde effectiveness also depends on points and table size and terrain layout.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my only issue when it comes to shootin is that we are suppossed to be all ranged and such but we have the same BS as guardsmen. Firewarriors should really have a BS 4 like Space Marines....

I Expect the Inquisition RecklessFable's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

210 (x5)

I play Guard and against me Tau Rail Cannon Pie Plates and Drop-Suit-Flamers are my biggest pain. Yup, both are relatively BS immune.

It also seems like now that everyone has 4+ invulnerabe saves from cover, you folks should bring pathfinders by default. Isn't there a new pathfinder plastic set coming out with Planetstrike in late summer?

Markerlights for boosting BS and reducing Cover, one more reason I don't want to play as Tau, but also still have trouble with them. How counter-intuitive is it to shoot the guys with the markerlights first?
    RecklessFable's Journey to Mediocrity (Painting an IG army)
    I've been addicted to World of Tanks lately and neglecting my IG... But it is so... much... fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im shocked flamers are causing you problems. how close are the tau getting to your combat lines?
    cause seriously the only time they have gotten into my combat lines is with kroot on a all wood like terrain....so many trees....
    Last edited by Cadian Guard; March 16th, 2009 at 05:52.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

It's not that hard to get into flamer range. You can deep strike in, or you can pop out from behind a wall and jump up the twelve inches and cook some imps/orks/nids and watch 'em fry.

I am personally a fan of the TWflamer in fifth. Huzzah for resolving all the templates at the same time instead of one at a time.

I Expect the Inquisition RecklessFable's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

210 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Cadian Guard View Post
    Im shocked flamers are causing you problems. how close are the tau getting to your combat lines?
    cause seriously the only time they have gotten into my combat lines is with kroot on a all wood like terrain....so many trees....
    Deepstrike. It generally means one dead squad per turn unless re-prioritize my heavies. It really depends on terrain, but the player I fight against most is pretty savvy about not giving my entire gunline a return shot.

For 86 points you folks are your very own version of the Guard Veteran Suicide Drop Squad.
    2 twin linked flamers and 2 fusion guns. Very versatile and expendable.

Deepstrike in, pop a Russ, then use the wreckage for cover and flame away.

Edit: The problem with the Tau Codex is that the bread-and-butter unit is the worst on in the Codex. Overcosted and bad at their job.
    Last edited by RecklessFable; March 16th, 2009 at 06:32.
    RecklessFable's Journey to Mediocrity (Painting an IG army)
    I've been addicted to World of Tanks lately and neglecting my IG... But it is so... much... fun!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast