Just Started! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Just Started!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Howdy all! New to Warhammer 40k, but have been playing these types of games off and on for a long time. Friend of mine got me very interested in 40k, so I grabbed his rulebook and next thing I know I'm at the store buying the Ork codex and a box of boyz :-)

My friend is an experienced Warhammer F and 40k player, like 7 - 8 years playing or so, so I've recieved quite the crash course on playing. He's very excited to have new blood in his campaign (he rangled in my roomie too and she is playing witch hunters). We will be playing a campaign version of 40k in a Flash. It seems like a great way to start since I don't need a huge army at first and can take my time to learn how things work. I'm sure My early choices aren't going to be great ones until I start fielding my army of course, but I found this forum and would love any advice.

In the campaign I will be fighting Tau, Witch Hunters, Imperial Guard, and Necrons. (Possibly Chaos too). Currently I, of course, have my troop of 18 Slugga Boyz (3 with heavy weapons upgrades) and a set of 8 Storm Boyz as well. This seemed like a good place to start for me and wasn't too expensive. I was considering a dreadnought, but not sure if it would be worth it in such a small point army. (But than again little experience aside from watching others play) I have about 2 - 3 weeks to finish my army up and I'm curious what ya'll would suggest I field in this army. What would be good to mix it up a bit. I think of all the armies I'm going to face the Necron worry me the most.

Please remember we are playing by 40k in a Flash rules, so the army is limitied to 500 points and no HQ is needed. Thanks in advance! And nice to meet yall :-)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

your going to need to get to the enemy quickly since your dealing with some firepower armies. get some trucks and invest in some more slugga boys. youll need some oomph if the other players have vehicles such as a russ so invest in either a killa kan or two, or some tankbustas. good luck on your game!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get bikes, people shoot at them because they are a pain, and get trukks as my chocolatey (lol) friend said, The bikes they are gonna get blown up very fast because people hate them but it will give your truskks enough time to get into close combat, also don't bother with shoota boyz, get sluggas sluggas and more sluggas.
    Battle record.
    W/D/L
    Ultramarines:6/0/1
    Orks: 4/0/1
    World eaters:1/0/2
    O & G: 5/0/1

Closed Thread