Im a noob needing help :S - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im a noob needing help :S

Hi everyone

I just get in love with tau empire since the pcgame Dawn of War WH40K Soulstorm, i have bought an starter kit of tau, but i have a lot of nooobs questions, first, does a crisis suit can be a HQ commander?, how importants are the granades in real game?, do you have any comment or suggest for me please

I really apretiate your help...

thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First off all , do you got the tau empire codex??

I propose to read that codex more then one time that you will start to understand what a tau army can offer ( units,upgrades and weapons ) Read also the unit and tactic guides on this forum and you will be set. After that you can still post questions about things you don't understand.

Grtz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for your fast answer, i have read the tau codex, well, first of all you have to know that i am from mexico, so i am not the best english speaker jeje, maybe i didnt understand some parts, but the first question will be if the crysis battlesuit that came in the tau starter kit can be used as a HQ unit, about the granade, how useful they really are, i mean you are the one with experiencie, i dont want to glue something that will not be useful.
    In adition i would like to know, is how do i know which granade is which, i mean how are 0 photonics granades or the IEMs, and how does the Ta'lissera knife looks like, and finally, when i make a Shas'ui, do i have to paint it different or how do i difference it?

Thanks for everything, i am noob at this things, i will like to become an active member or you forum and share experiences.

Again thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The suit you can use it like a commander ( shas'el or shas' o )
    I never used nades with tau so i dont have experience with it. For me its a waste of points. For a shas'ui you can use the alien face instead of the helm heads. For the rest a shas'ui has other markings when u paint them. In your codex on page 55 you can see how everything looks like. ( bonding knife,squad leaders )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks a lot, i really appreciate that, i am gonna try to participate a lot on this forum, and if someday i can help you XD, be free to ask whatever, i know about computer hardware stuff a bit of overclocking XD and gaming jejeje

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have used grenades and yes photons are worthless you should not let you fire worriors get in hand to hand. Second EMP can be useful. Like for instance i was not able to pop a dren with my railguns(really bad rolling) and it made into CC with some Fireworriors and i managed to finally pop it in CC losing like 5 guys from a 12 man unit. But Emp can be a poiny sink so only use if you know they will come in handy.(like through some FW in a FoF and close in on a lets say raider real fast you could pop it and possibly negate the unit inside of it.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh hey ese!

If ya goto competitions you may need to ge the shas el/o models with the proper heads.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

=O so you mean i cant use the crysis suit as a HQ member in a competition right?, truely thanks, and about granades im still doubt about them jejeje...

Thanks a lot people you really are a good and active forum =D

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

I agree with dento, and I think both grenades should not be taken with your fire warriors, as for the most part you should never be getting close enough to enemy models to use them. Yes, I know there will always be those times when something happens and you wish you had them, but they are just too expensive for something you wont need most of the time.

Remember to not glue any of your crisis suit weapons on! This is very important because you will want to change them for other weapons whenever you want to try something different. If you can, try to see if you can get small magnets to magnetize your weapons to your suits, it makes it a lot easier.

You will also want to buy a crisis suit commander, as they have some of the different weapons that you may want to try out, like the AFP, or CIB. And correct me if I am wrong, but I think it comes with different heads, so you can make another commander out of a regular XV8 with the extra head.

Welcome to the greater good!

P.S. Where in Mexico are you from?
    Two droids walk into a bar. The bartender says "Hey, we don't serve your kind here.", so they leave.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also if ya want to buy hammerheads, make sure you get the skyray boxset and not the hammerhead box set! The skyray box gives you a rail/ion head turret and missile turrets!!! You save money that way!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast