Flyers for Dark Eldar? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x1)

Flyers for Dark Eldar?

I was looking at the Bell of Lost Souls and noted the new Imperial Guard vehicle, The Valkyrie. Apparently this gets "a new flying stand" and is a transport for Guardsmen who can paratroop out. From previous rumors about stats, this seems like much more than just a normal skimmer.

It's not too far fetched to finally incorporate flyers into regular Warhammer 40k either, albeit a little different rules from Apocalypse.

However, as nice as the Valkyrie is for IG, it's Dark Eldar who are all about the flyers and speed. If flyers are actually making an appearace, whose army is going to be getting the baddest flyers? Us.

Thoughts? Reactions?

-Dark

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    434 (x8)

Thoughts and reactions?

Well I am not about to do anything against the law, yet…………………. but if the paratroopers gain an ability like our Scaling nets that actually works in the game I can only hope that we leapfrog above that.

Maybe this is the reason that GW has held off releasing the new Dark Eldar Codex for so long, they just don’t know how much power to give it in comparison to what may be given out with other recent releases.

I am trying to be positive here folks!
    In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    204 (x6)

Well, we could certainly use a drop pod equivalent. I don't see the Raven or Razorwing making an appearance though.

--•-My 40K projects-•--

Pedantic Englishman Wolf Lord Herby's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    136 (x4)

As far as I've seen from the IG rumours, the Valk is just like a normal skimmer, except that the stormies can disembark at any point along the Valk's move. This may or may not follow rules for deep striking.

So, basically, they don't quite get the full effects of Scaling Nets, but neither do they get the CC disadvantage.

So, no, I doubt we'll see full flyer rules outside of Apocalypse/Forge World.
    FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If IG are getting skimmers then you would except some new skimmer for us. I would like to see a new APC with armour 12 or 13 that doesn't tend to have weapons. That way without the weapons iot removes some weight than allowed for more armour and still allowed DE their speed etc.

But hoepfully we will get some new skimmers since DE are the main skimmer army along with eldar.
    Azzarath The Soul Keeper - Archon of the Soul Stealers

"Fetch me another play thing. This one seems to have broken"
    Urien Rakarth, Master Haemonculus

+ Reply to Thread