WBB + mono + RO - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WBB + mono + RO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WBB + mono + RO

Is this done correctly or did i made a mistake:

10 Necron warriors (whole unit) is dead, lord with RO (within unit of warriors) is within 6".
    I roll for WBB, 5 warriors are repaired so they join that unit, the other 5 warriors get a re-roll thanks to monolith.
    The ones that are repaired thanks to monolith get on the table within 2" of the portal.

I hope someone can help me on this, it's using a lot of rules together in this situation.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    324 (x8)

The entire squad of fallen and newly repaired Necrons is teleported to the monolith, and allowed rerolls. So all the Necrons you just made WBB rolls the first time (without the reroll would be coming out of the monolith portal along with the ones that came back with the reroll, casualties of course being removed.

Res orb would only matter if they fell to a battlecannon shot or a horde of banshees (or the like). In this case it's more a question of simple WBB, Monolith rerolls and unit consistency.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I might of read this wrong, but he said the hole unit was destroyed. My understanding is even with the rest orb with in 6 inc, there is no WWB as no other unit of the same type is with in 6 inc of them at the time they fell.

I'm not sure of the ruling if you teleport a hole unit that was destroyed back to the monolith and there is a now a unit with in 6 inc's of them though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya can't do WBB unless there are units of the similar type near by or a tomb spyder within 12!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    61 (x0)

Quote Originally Posted by syaoran View Post
    I'm not sure of the ruling if you teleport a hole unit that was destroyed back to the monolith and there is a now a unit with in 6 inc's of them though.
    They had to be eligible in the first place, otherwise they'd just be taken off the board.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The lord with RO was within a unit of warriors and within the 6" of the destroyed unit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    61 (x0)

There has to be another unit of Warriors within 6'' of the destroyed unit for them to be able to get a WBB roll, and at least from the description it didn't sound like there was. The Rez Orb only allows WBB rolls for models wounded by CC attacks that ignore armor and weapons whose strength is double the models toughness, but you still need a unit of identical models within 6'' (or a tomb spyder within 12").

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    324 (x8)

Wharakx JUST STATED that they were eligible for WBB! (note this was also clarified in the original post as well) That clarification has been made already, let the dead horse alone. The question was about how the monolith was effecting WBB and the movement involved, answer THAT question.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    102 (x5)

As stated above, he needs to know since the squad 1 was wiped and 5 failed their WBB, if he PORTALS squad 2 does that allow the 5 that FAILED to join squad 2. This isn't addressed in any FAQ or direct rule imo. My gut says since the first 5 already joined squad 2, if you portal squad 2 yes they would get a WBB...but I'm open to suggestions here.
    "There is only do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

324 (x8)

*thinks* yeah actually I believe Dark is right, the first-stage WBBs would be taken into the 10-man squad that is standing (which would become a 15-man squad) and the five broken ones would be ported to the monolith and THEN join the nearest warrior squad.

+ Reply to Thread