Weirdboyz & Psychic Power Tests - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weirdboyz & Psychic Power Tests

Don't flame me, but I'm an Eldar player looking for answers.

If a weirdboy (or warp 'ead) uses a psychic power in a squad of... oh, let's say boyz, does he use the Leadership Value of the squad (to a max of ten) instead of his own to use a psychic power test?

In addition, if I cast Mindwar on a Weirdboy in a squad of boyz, or on any ork in a squad for that matter, will it use it's personal leadership value, or will the Mob Rule increase it? (Mindwar, a psychic power we Eldar have, forces a Farseer to pick a single target within LOS to roll a d6 against him, adding their Leadership value to the roll. If the target loses loses by one or more, bad stuff happens to the target, for anyone who doesn't know what it does).

Sorry, but this information will probably be used against your own kind.
    Thanks!

"If we all reacted the same way, we'd be predictable, and there's always more than one way to view a situation. What's true for the group is also true for the individual. It's simple: Overspecialize, and you breed in weakness. It's slow death." - Major Kusanagi, Ghost in the Shell

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Mob Rules, so in a unit of at least 10 models he would be Ld 10.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But, wouldn't the Psykers rule on page 50 overrule that?
    Even when Leadership tests would normally be taken on the value of another model, tests for using psychic power are always taken using the psyker's own leadership.
    Of course, it says in the paragraph above...
    Exceptions to these rules are covered in the codexes.
    Could rules be more convoluted?

(P.S.: Cripes, ==Me==, were you waiting for me or something? That was fast!)
    "If we all reacted the same way, we'd be predictable, and there's always more than one way to view a situation. What's true for the group is also true for the individual. It's simple: Overspecialize, and you breed in weakness. It's slow death." - Major Kusanagi, Ghost in the Shell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    83 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Arcarsenal View Post
    But, wouldn't the Psykers rule on page 50 overrule that?
    On page 37 of the Ork Codex, second paragraph it explicitly states that the Weirdboy/Warphead's leadership is affected by Mob Rule. So ==Me== is correct.

My confusion is with your second question, because the Eldar codex says "add the leadership of their respective models". That seems to imply you would use the weirdboyz poor leadership. The real question is:

Does Mob Rule change the individual model's leaderships? That isn't so clear in the Mob Rule paragraph, but it's certainly implied that the weirdboyz individual leadership is changed since you use the higher leadership for his psychic test.

Russ
    Last edited by russ_c; March 22nd, 2009 at 19:02.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

83 (x1)

Actually, I just looked at the Ork FAQ and the first question "Can a Weirdboyz leadership be increased to more than 10 by the Mob Rule?" pretty much tells me that Mob Rule affects his individual leadership, not just "unit rolls".

So, I'd have to say that his leadership would be 10 in the case of your second question. Does anyone else have a different interpretation?

Hope that helps...err, I know it's not what you wanted to hear, so I mean... I hope that clears things up for you

Russ

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x5)

It is indeed quite clear.

Mindwar does not read "and add the respective model's unmodified leadership"

Mob Rule reads "may always choose to substitute the number of Orks in their mob for their normal leadership"

So.. actually as a matter of fact, even if Mindwar DID read "unmodified", the Weird Boy could still use Mob Rule in place of his own Ld.. because it IS his Ld.

P.S. Beware Old Zoggy, ye Eldar gitz. Zogwort's curse is far superior to your silly brain tricks.
    (I'd like to see that.. Old Zoggy vs. Eldrad, locked in a battle of the minds. Who would win? hmm..)
    I've recently become a fan of this thing called Dubstep. And you should too.
    Datsik & Flux Pavillion - Crunch (Youtube)
    Da Moo Kowz is da drinkinest Orks of dem all!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, just checking... I just wanted to make sure my buddy wasn't cheating. Bladestorm & Doom will just have to do I suppose...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Arcarsenal View Post
    Okay, just checking... I just wanted to make sure my buddy wasn't cheating. Bladestorm & Doom will just have to do I suppose...
    I was actually wondering what those BladeStomer units were called ( I recently played vs them and they're quite nasty)

Also, I was wondering....what limits the Leadership Value to 10? I've never read that the Cap was 10.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

83 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Darkzephyr View Post
    I was actually wondering what those BladeStomer units were called ( I recently played vs them and they're quite nasty)

Also, I was wondering....what limits the Leadership Value to 10? I've never read that the Cap was 10.
    Page 6 of 5th Edition rules, left column, last paragraph: "no modifier may raise any characteristic above 10..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

yup max value is 10... so much for having a ld of 30 right? still, 10 is solid. the only time a characteristic goeas above 10 is perhaps with armor pen rolls, or with tankhunter spec skill since in either case you are adding to the roll based on the strength (which maxes out at 10).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast