Zoanthrope psychic powers - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    344 (x8)

Zoanthrope psychic powers

I was playing another tyranid player the other day and his zoanthropes took different psychic powers.
    The first time he had 3 zoanthropes with warp blast, then 1 of them had synapse. Therefore he saved himsef 20 points, but still got the bonus power, and i coulnd specificaly kill the synapse as hesimply ramoved the others. The Second game, they all had warp blast but 1 had synapse, 1 had psychic scream and 1 had the horror this meant he in effect, took 4 powers in total. Is this allowed?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    126 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Heirodule View Post
    I was playing another tyranid player the other day and his zoanthropes took different psychic powers.
    The first time he had 3 zoanthropes with warp blast, then 1 of them had synapse. Therefore he saved himsef 20 points, but still got the bonus power, and i coulnd specificaly kill the synapse as hesimply ramoved the others. The Second game, they all had warp blast but 1 had synapse, 1 had psychic scream and 1 had the horror this meant he in effect, took 4 powers in total. Is this allowed?
    Each thrope can take up to two powers and all the powers do not have to be the same.

For example I often do this
    Zoanthrope - psychic scream; synapse
    Zoanthrope - psychic scream; synapse
    Zoanthrope - synapse

Now if I'm reading your post right, you're implying that when a zoanthrope dies, he removes a different one.

Each thrope acts independently when they are placed on the table. Therefore if you kill the one that had synapse, he has to remove the one with synapse. You can also target each zoanthrope directly, no hiding them in units. This also means you do not have to keep unit cohesion. One can be on you left flank, one on the right, and one in the center of the board.

let me know if I'm misinterpreting your post.

EDIT: Oh and he can't move the powers around between models in game. You may want him to write which zoanthrope has which psychic powers on a piece of paper.
    Last edited by magnet_man; March 25th, 2009 at 20:11.
    Tim Wright

"The internet perceives censorship as damage, and routes around it."
    -John Gilmore

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

Zoanthropes all come with warpfield but must take a second power. They make take a third if they want but they don't have to. The three warpblasts could be the second power they must take. Then one of the horror, one of psychic scream and one synapse creature is three more powers. He is allowed to do this as that makes three Zoanthropes each one taking two extra powers. I don't see how you think he is taking four powers for his Zoanthropes as you have listed them as taking three each.

However you said he had three Zoanthropes with warpblast and one with synapse creature. When you tried to kill it he just removed the others, he can't remove the others. Zoanthropes act as different units in the game. They deploy at the same time but they don't act as a brood, no unit coherency. They don't have to be deployed at the same spot. Also an enemy may only shoot one at a time, they aren't targeted as a brood. This means you can target the one with synapse creature as they aren't a unit and are targeted and act (move, shoot, assault) and are shot at or assaulted on their own. This is also the way it works for Lictors, they act indepently of each other.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    344 (x8)

Thanks both of you, id forgotten that they dont count as 1 whole unit, i normaly play them as such so assumed the rule was that they were a unit. I should check my codex more carefully next time, thanks

+ Reply to Thread