Zoanthrope powers on grey knights - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    344 (x8)

Zoanthrope powers on grey knights

I was playing a game vs grey knights a couple of days ago and there was a problem over the aegis rule. For those that dont know all grey knights have a certain amount of imunity to powers. If the power requires a psychic test to use, the grey knight has a LD + d6 test vs the psyker. if the grey knight rolls higher the power is negated. It also says "Minor psychic powers have no effect at all on grey knights." Im guessing this means that any power you dont use a ld ship test for is negated, eg eldar warlock powers, or shadow of the warp ect. so in the game, my zoans fired their small warp blast at the knights, which my opponent said was negated. I asummed after reading that this was right, but wanted some clarification as without my ap3 blast the knights were much harder to kill. have i got it right?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You and your opponent has got it wrong. Minor psychic powers are the following; obsolete. There are currently no psychic powers that are considered minor psychic powers.

Next time fry those Knights with your low powered blast. Also note that high powered blast is affected by Aegis' other effect and it is the only power that Aegis affects.

Hope this helps,

Cypher40k
    Nidzilla, Daemons
    I'm pawning this to everyone Check out My 'Nids Tactica and give your Oppinion. I'm Desperate for Attention.

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

The only codex to use minor psychic powers was the previous edition of Chaos Space Marines. They don't exist anymore, at least not to my knowledge. Thus Aegis would only work on the S10 Warp Blast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    126 (x4)

For reference and to back you up, here's a link to the FAQ.

Specifically says that minor psychic powers no longer exist (1st page, right column, 4th question) and should be ignored..
    Tim Wright

"The internet perceives censorship as damage, and routes around it."
    -John Gilmore

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    344 (x8)

Oh right that clears that up then. Thx all

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

1. Minor psychic powers do not exist now.

2. All psychic powers, targeted on the GK squad, each player must roll a D6 + Highest LD fo rthe GKs/psyker. The psyker's total, mus be higher than the GKs, in order for the "power" to work.

+ Reply to Thread