"Counts as" jetbike models - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Counts as" jetbike models

I like the idea of having a slew of jetbike troops, but can't get past:
    a) the price of bikes
    b) i personally find the models hideous... i can't get past the vest and the KKK reminiscent helmet

I'm thinking of using warhammer fantasy dark elf cold-one riders as exodites that "count as" jetbikes. The dinos go with the exodite theme, they're cool models, and a LOT cheaper ($22 for five).

Has anybody seen this done/ does anybody have any ideas on this as a project. As a side note, i'll be sure to put them on round bases which are the same size as jetbike bases.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x3)

I can understand doing "counts as" stuff. And I think so long as it's unambiguous and uses GW models you can even use them in tournies.

The trouble with cold ones is they could be considered confusing, as they look like calvalry not skimmers.

However flying things in fantasy aren't at a great price. I can only thing of fell bats as being economical.

Though if you could find some cool wings somewhere for cheap, put them on the cold ones, and then put them on a flying base it would be cool and unambiguous!

As a side note. If you have a problem with the helmets check with other eldar players. Guardians come with extra heads. Since faces are harder to paint a number of players, myself included, choose not to use the helmetless heads. So you could get them off of someone if you ask nice for next to nothing, or maybe just for some of your own bitz.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i did a few shining spears using the lizardmen terradons, ther were pretty cool. strapped the shuriken weps underneath the wings <3

LO's resident Yowie Dead Dude Walking's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    272 (x4)

go for the coldones and follow macewind and I in the exodite revolution (check out my sig)
    <----- Dead Dude's WIP Thread, in all it's pant wetting glory! :D

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So tempting! Tell me, are there any pre-fab bases that are the same size as skimmer bases? I play tournaments, and don't want flack for using smaller bases. Also, can you post your parts list for counts-as jetbike guardians with cold ones?

Much appreciated... go exodites... because vests and kkk hoods are lame

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a LONG running project of collecting stuff to create a Saim-Hann army using cold ones as jetbikes. Saim-Hann/Lizard-themed army.

Always fun to see more.
    Poor SM players, used to S4 T4 3+ saves that forget 40K is a sophisticated Rock-Paper-Scissors game and all they have is a pocket full of rocks.

LO's resident Yowie Dead Dude Walking's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    272 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by MunDMC
    Also, can you post your parts list for counts-as jetbike guardians with cold ones?
    OK... It's pretty much gaurdian heads and the coldone sprue (and some GS) but if you are going to buy bits... Coldone body and head, coldone riders legs, coldone riders front half torso, gaurdian back, gaurdian head, gaurdian arms and i think that is pretty much it.

<----- Dead Dude's WIP Thread, in all it's pant wetting glory! :D

His jetbikes are many. Mayor Quimby's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    338 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by MunDMC View Post
    I like the idea of having a slew of jetbike troops, but can't get past:
    a) the price of bikes
    b) i personally find the models hideous... i can't get past the vest and the KKK reminiscent helmet
    About the price of bikes, I don't think it is too high (by GW standards)... eBay is a good source of second hand jetbikes, and it is not uncommon to find large unit deals of them.
    I have a Saim-Hann army and almost all my jetbikes are second-hand ones which I bought on eBay.
    About the vests and helmets, I second your opinion... you can swap the torsos with Guardian ones, (look here) for an example.
    I wish I did this myself, and maybe I will change the riders in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by MunDMC View Post
    I'm thinking of using warhammer fantasy dark elf cold-one riders as exodites that "count as" jetbikes. The dinos go with the exodite theme, they're cool models, and a LOT cheaper ($22 for five).
    I don't like this idea very much (obviously, you can do whatever you want with your models)... cold ones don't fly and could be confused as cavalry, and cold ones with wings could be rather comical IMO.
    Using Terradons can work much better (rules-wise) since they are flyers... I don't like it fluff-wise, because jetbikes are probably much, much faster than flying dinos, but this comes from a huge jetbike fanboy ( (Mayor Quimby's Saim-Hann army WIP)link to my Saim-Hann project) so my opinion is strongly biased.

If I had to do your conversion, I would use:
    - Cold Ones Riders legs (adding some high-tech gadgets such as holsters for shuriken pistols to make them look more Eldar and less Dark Elves)
    - Eldar Guardian torso, head, and arms (this will require some work, right arm comes with Shuriken Catapult attached)
    - Cold One body and head (maybe with some high-tech stuff, like sensors or bionic eyes)

Good luck with your army (but I hope you will join Saim-Hann instead)!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have the same opinion about eldar jetbikes. they are expensive and look ugly. my next project is a seer council on bikes. i am thinking of using dark eldar jetbikes because they look much nicer and i have tons of them from my battle force boxes, like 15 bikes. What could i use for the warlock models though? Could this be a viable option for tournament play or would people mind?
    Traitors dine in heLL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey! I made some "counts as" jetbike models for my exodites, pics on my site under "My army" can't miss it. There will pics of them painted up soon

Eldar Exodites - Home

Thanks

+ Reply to Thread