Missile Pod Question. . . - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Missile Pod Question. . .

Eyups! I've jsut bought my first XV8 and while cutting out the sprue i suddenly realised that i have no idea how a missile pod hit is resolved against troops!?

Help anyone?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

One hit with a Missile Pod can only cause one wound. Seeing as how it is an Assault2 weapon, it has the opportunity to cause two wounds per round of shooting.

Contrary to what common sense would tell you, these missiles do not get blast templates, and therefore on cause one wound on a successful roll. I know, missiles explode in real life, but apparently not in Warhammer.

When you look at weapons in the codex, the only weapons that get a blast template are the ones that actually say they get one. Weapons like the Airbursting Fragmentation Projector say they get a large blast right in the codex. Also, unless otherwise specified, blast weapons use the small 3" template and not the large 5" template. (blast v. large blast)

Hope this helps, and remember, the Greater Good will prevail.
    My platform is RL, you'd be surprised at the quality of the graphics!

Por'vre T'olku Shien
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    49 (x1)

I picture the Tau missiles functioning somewhat like modern-day HEAT (High Explosive Anti-Tank) rounds. The warhead consists of two explosives: the first and smaller of the two launches the second and larger INTO the enemy armor, where the second and larger one detonates for serious damage. Both charges are shaped with very little backwash, to focus the armor-killing potential.

Analogy helps explain why they're so darned good at punching out light armor.
    I fight for the Greater Good. Too bad for you it's MY Greater Good.

Snow Forces of T'olku W/L/D : 3-4-2... I like to think I'm learning, though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Missile pods on the Barracuda are pathetic!!! You would expect flyer mounted versions to fire more than 2 rounds!!!!

+ Reply to Thread