A challenge! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A challenge!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

A challenge!

Okay, so my little gaming group have a campaign running at the moment, just for a bit of fun. We all use pretty soft lists, as it was stated before the campaign that the purpose of it was *fun*. So of course, one guy is being a jerk. Basically, the Chaos player's 'soft' list consists of:
    2 Lash Princes, both with wings
    3 Obliterators
    1 Predator W/lascannons
    1 large unit of Khorne Berserkers
    Multiple units of Plague Marines and a rhino to make up the rest of the 1500 points.

Hes now boasting about how everyone fears him at 40k now etc.
    So, a few of us have decided that if hes gonna be a prat, we may as well respond in kind until he can get into the 'spirit' of the campaign.

What I'm trying to ask is, could you guys please help me make the most disgusting, merciless and all around mean 1500point anti chaos/lash list you can possibly devise?

I'm thinking of something along the lines of...:

2 Tooled lords (possibly on bikes for str6 Vs plague marines)

2 Mounted Wyche squads (one to keep each prince busy for a few turns)

3 Ravagers w/2 Disintegrators each

The rest of the points made up of warriors with plenty of blasters and/or lances.

Any ideas?
    Thanks.

Kabal of the Twilight Blade - Host of Tecpatl - Salamanders 3rd

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how about having one ravager being all Dls and the other 2 all Dissies?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    204 (x6)

1. Put every squad in a Raider. He can't Lash you then!
    2. He's probably deep striking the obliterators and/or DPs, so put your units in reserve and make them come out to play before he has any good targets to use them on.
    3. Disintegrators' sustained fire mode is great against non-nurgle Princes, so you're on the right track there.
    4. Use the Wyches against the Khorne Berzerkers. They are the rock to Khorne's scissors.
    5. Hit the Plague Marines with Agonisers if you need them off an objective. Otherwise, don't worry about them too much. The Rhinos, Obliterators, Predator, and even the Daemon Princes are better targets for kill points. Their also better for victory points if you happen to be using those in your campaign.

Who knows? Your campaign might turn out to be fun anyway!

--•-My 40K projects-•--

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

Archon: drugs, shadowfiled, plasma grenades, pistol, trophy racks
    6 incubi: plasma g
    raider

9 wyches (total): succubus with agoniser, tropy racks
    raider

8 warriors with blaster and shredder
    raider

raider

raider

raider

Ravager - lances, night shield

Ravager - "vect", night shield

Ravager - "vect", night shield

That should leave 10 or so spare points.

The idea here is that the arhcon and wyches go chomp on anything that moves under the covering fire of the ravagers while the mass warrior raiders fly around together lancing stuff and the warriors themselves get the occasional blaster shot, but they mostly exist as scoring units.

[edit] Do not wych berzerkers, 2A base is still enough to eat the wyches and the champs can dish otu enough wounds. Use wyches against plague marines - while then normal wyches will do bugger all they will nerf the plague mariens right down leaving the succubus to go "lol, T5" and agoniser her way through the unit.

Especially since the plague marines will probably come in small squads the wyches are perfect hard counters to them.

I would also double check his army list, that sounds like the list maybe just pushing just over 1500 points.
    Last edited by The_Outsider; March 31st, 2009 at 11:37.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

@The_Outsider: Afaik your not allowed to put a blaster and a shredder in one raider squad. only one of the two.

@Dracon Bob: Even tough it is a bit risky, it would still be fun, to take 2 Lords, without a retuine, and just put them i a squad of wyches.
    In your first turn, go up to 12", disembark and let your lord go allown. run, and then take the 12" charge drug. Usually you should be able to get to both DP at turn one (27-32" should do), and just kill them right away and enjoy the look on his face, when your rip out the base of the army.

You will not kill'em in one turn, but with the shadowfeld you should have a good chance of killing him in the second turn. the other one will problby be more difficult, as you don't have a the shadowfeld anymore, but in that case use a dracyth, as he will have the most chances of winning.

I know its not the best way, but the most fun way ;-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

Thanks for the replies guys, incoming first draft. I can guarantee that killpoints aren't going to be an issue, I am a little worried about my lack of scoring units. What do ya think??

Archon: Reaver, Tormentor helm, Punisher, Combat Drugs, Shadowfield, Plasma Grenades
    Dracite: Agoniser, Combat Drugs, Plasma Grenades
    Wyches: 7 Wyches, Succubus, Raider, Agoniser, Wyche Weapons, Plasma Grenades
    Wyches: 7 Wyches, Succubus, Raider, Agoniser, Wyche Weapons, Plasma Grenades
    Warriors: 8 warriors, Raider, Blaster
    Reavers: 5 Bikes, Succubus, Tormentor Helm, Punisher
    Ravager: 2 Disintegrators
    Total: 1491

@Tcan_Dal'yth The reason i like a single lance on each ravager is that when moving over 6" I'm still able to fire the lance and both dissintegrators (on sustained). Lances are more reliable at taking down MCs than the dissie on full power due to the scattering and it also gives the tank a decent go at taking down a tank if theres nothing else to shoot at.
    @Krovin-Rezh Do you mean start my army in reserve?

@crazy_irish I might try a kamakaze run with a lord if the DP has dropped a few wounds. I'm notoriously bad at making 2+ saves however..

Keep em coming
    Kabal of the Twilight Blade - Host of Tecpatl - Salamanders 3rd

+ Reply to Thread