How do Tyranids deal with Eldar and their Skimmers? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do Tyranids deal with Eldar and their Skimmers?

How do we do it? You cant shoot em well enough (holo fields+spirit stones) cant hit em in cc 6+ to hit.... and they just fly away... what do we do?

I know not what weapons World War 3 will be fought with. All I know is that World War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x1)

Far as I know everybody has a hard time with mechanized Eldar skimmers since it take so much firepower to actually bring them down. I usually don't bother trying to kill them unless a sweet opportunity presents itself. I go for glances just enough to make them shaken and repeat to as many skimmers as possible in a turn. If you succeed that's a lot of Eldar points doing nothing. You might just immobilize or disarm a couple. Venom cannons are pretty much the best way to do that since everything else with have a hard time glacing on 6s.

Venom's always seem so crappy on Fexes so I guess vs Mech Eldar I'd put the Venom's on a Tyrant due to higher BS.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    344 (x8)

actualy there is a way, flying cc tyrants, they hit on 4s minimum

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how do CC flyrants hit on 4's against a fast skimmer?
    I know not what weapons World War 3 will be fought with. All I know is that World War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would agree with Aradi. I guess if you have a Biovore you try and hit them with mines. I don't have one so I forget the stats on them. I though that one had pretty much the same stats as a chainfist though... If you play the same guy with the same list all the time, I would make an anti-him list. Maybe take a Tyrant with TL-VCs?

What I usually do is ignore them and eat his troops up. The guys I play with do a lot of Capture and Control and Seize Ground, so shooting troops is just limiting his capture dudes. If he is a jetbike & skimmer guy, it is hard to win. I have yet to beat one...

-Grimsson
    "The question is not how far. The question is, do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far as is needed?"
    -Il Duce

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually in the 5th edition rules you only hit them on a six if they move flat out, if they haven't then you hit them on 4+ as usual.

Any MC can take out skimmers in CQC

Barbed Stranglers on Carnifexes do well to (glance on a 4's, Pen on 5+)

Trust me I know, my best friend plays Eldar, and I fight him all the time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Am I the only one who sees Flying Bio-plasma kitted warriors as a good idea? because, as the rules say, it always hits on a 4+. With strength upgrades, you receive that potential skimmer-busting STR 6 (with rending, depending on how you play bio-plasma).

5th Ed, folks; assaults hit rear armour.

I use the wings for mobility sake. as 18" is hard to dodge without clustering a pile of Falcons in the corner.

Had some pleasing results against Tau skimmers, but Tau ain't the Eldar. Don't wholly know about the holo-field tricksey eldarey stuffs, but no one expects a assault on skimmer... or the Spanish inquisition.

Granted, they are a one-trick pony, but other uses could easily be found aside from skimmer bouncing. Bound to see a light tank or something that the Warriors could find right tasty. They are Omnomivorous, after all.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Tyranids, for you are crunchy, and good with ketchup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh Duh! Silly of me, i forgot that one of my carnifexes is always armed with bio plasma when i face him...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x2)

Any bio plasma attack unit would make a good chance in CC. Gargoyles for example can still attack rear armor (which is low enough to glance as I can remember), and other units might even be able to penetrate with it!

A flyrant by itself would also make a good chance at dealing with skimmers when kitted with wings. Even a single hit can render a tank dead because of MC status!

Otherwise, just try to silence their guns, by inflicting Crew Shaken, and Venom Cannons are pretty good at that! And praise their spirit stones, because that means additional chances on Crew Shaken Let them pay points for something we already were aiming to do
    Tyranids Win [31]/ Draw [0]/Lost [0]
    Daemon Hunters Win [17]/ Draw [2]/ Lost [1]
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...t&uniqueid=232

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im really glad my turny scene is so SM and CSM based... i dont have to worry about real eldar skimmers... IMO scariest thing they can do.. turbo boost onto my objective and kill my gaunts holding it... whilst staying in the tank and claiming the objective.

IMO a VC fex still wont reliably do any thing to them.. i think the barbed strangler is a good idea though. even with thier low BS ( 3 with upgrade) a grav tank is pretty easy to scatter on.

other wise.. flyrant is good. but you can only have one... and trust me sirs... they are easy enough to shoot down.

What about zornthropes? warp blast has a 18 inch range... with 2 shooting one should hit... then you pen on a 3+

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast