Welcome to Librarium Online!
So....New umie gits(formly known as imperial guard) are ever approcing release and In 1 month excactly so i ask this how does our ork empires get effected against all the new updates and Toys being released.
I fear this would have been a great time been able to loot imperium tanks right now like in 4th edtion codex.I kinda scaried off the new improved LR exterminator, LR Executioner and LR Punisher i can these being a used in huge numbers against us and Other hordy armies. Also no longer able to loot guard tanks is quite a big blow to our army now .
I want to read not hear mind you what everyone thinks of new codex and I know its not out yet but any pointers for the future might be helpful for us to deal with these beardy tank gitz.
Guard are going to play very similarly under the new book compared to now, except everything will be cheaper. So expect to see lots of men and lots of vehicles.
They are the perfect counter to Nob Bikers and various uber units, giving you a bait squad to munch and leave you in the open while their entire army lights you up.
The Eradicator and Hellhound are the scariest things for ==Me==, ignoring cover and wiping out Orks in droves.
Valkyries, Sentinels and Chimera-chassis vehicles will get owned by Lootas as always, and Russes still have weak rear armor so Deff Koptas and Buggies still work.
Basic guardsmen are still easy to kill, but make sure to get multiple charges off to avoid getting caught in the open. Shooting them would be a lovely idea as well.
The name of the game is the same: get into combat, pop the vehicles, avoid getting stuck in the open, but IG are just going to be cheaper and tougher.
Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com
Good! 'Bout time dem 'umies started tryin' 'arder I sez! Oi, we'z gonna have a real party wif all dem new wagons dey got comin'!
I, for one, welcome our new Guard enemies and hope to see a marked increase in strength and durability overall in their lists.
Bring da umies!!!!
though actually they are already really good. especially if they use no tanks, as all infantry is way stronger.
--Famous last words of Asmodean
Good run down ==Me==. I think looted boomguns will still be pretty nasty taste of medicine for the guardmen infantry.
If tanks can now used in squads of 3 for 1 heavy support this is gonna be a big big nuisance for not just us but everyone in 40k.
Sentinels are gonna be a pain the butt with not been able to take plasma cannons and More heavily armored ones but for cost of a heavy support. I am kinda glad the trait system has gone. No more i4 guardsman in combat so even ork boyz will hit them at same time on charge.
I agree with MethodicalMeat and SlayerofAsmodean Bring on the Umies! powerklaws will still win the day for us.
Anymore opintions will be good.
As a longtime guard player with a love of orks i may have a few ideas to help you out.
1) Although we are getting more russ variants and will be able to take squads of them most players will stick with the single russ per slot. The squadrin rules suck for battle tanks. Immobilised = destroyed will help out enemy players firing at russ squads, also nobody wants their russes forced to shoot the same target.
Now when you get one power klaw into combat with a squad of russes you could potentially kill them both.
There is no plastic model for the new variants and the eradicator will not be as popular due to it's lower strength, worse AP, and high point cost.
2) Sure we are getting a points drop but look at the capabiliteis of a guardsman and those of an ork. Check their special rules, weapons, profile. Orks simlyhave better weapons, stats, and rules for the same number of points. Besides we're only going down by one third of our points without getting any better, you orks got a one third points drop and became better.
3) Combined squads do mean that we're not as easy to beat in kill point games, but you can assault multiple squads very easily in this way. Besides commissars making us stubborn is no boon to us against orks. Instead of 10 guard getting killed on the charge and us shooting the ork unit 20 get charged, 13 killed the last 7 stay in combat. You finish us in our turn and charge another unit.
4) We're losing doctrines so you're safe from amny of our old.
5) Valkyries and Chimera's will only get us close to and in combat with the orks earlier, yeah that's a great way to spend points.
IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11
I have mixed feelings.
AP3 hellguns? I don't think we have to be too worried about that. I think Badrukk is the only thing in the ork army with a 3+ save.
The rumoured heavy 20 weapon and the one that ignores cover do-very bad because the KFF gives you a cover save... Oh my poor footsloggers
The Valkyrie I just want too loot. Aporkalypse Now anyone?
My award winning Orky tale