Can Normal models screen Zoes? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)
    1 (x1)

Can Normal models screen Zoes?

Since things are "Direct line of sight" and the majority of the zoan model is floating on the field, above most normal sized models, would gaunts or any other normal sized model provide cover save when being fired through?

I know not what weapons World War 3 will be fought with. All I know is that World War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones.

2. Remove Advertisements

Raleigh, NC
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

126 (x4)

Yes, intervening models do provide a cover save to a zoanthrope.

From pg, 21 of the rule book, under "When are models in cover?": "When any part of the target model’s obscured from the point of view of the firer, the target model is in cover." (my emphasis).

Next paragraph says that you treat intervening models as if they are intervening terrain. While the zoanthrope is large, it's still considered infantry and therefore follows the standard infantry cover saves.

The only exception to this if this firer is so tall (or is on a piece of terrain) that LoS to the body of the zoanthrope is not obstructed at all by the intervening models.
    Tim Wright

"The internet perceives censorship as damage, and routes around it."
    -John Gilmore

+ Reply to Thread