I'm a little worried about buying battlesuits because... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a little worried about buying battlesuits because...

of the way they look atm.

The Tau like many other armies are going to probably be updated for 5h ed and when GW updated codexes... chances are they'll update the models aswell.
    and I think that our suits will be something they'll probably update because of their boxiness. Am I the only one worried about this?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Tau have a LONG time to wait before the codex gets updated, and there's very little chance that very many, if any, of the models will get updated. The codex was just updated nearish the end of 4th edition, along with new models such as the Vespids, Sniper Drones, and Skyray boxed set. Many, many armies are going to be (or need to be) redone before Tau, including Space Wolves, Necrons, the Inquisition armies, and Dark Eldar.

When or if Tau are updated for 5th edition (it's not a guarantee), it will be a while from now and I actually doubt that the look of the Battlesuits will change. They may rebox them with some additional weapon options, but I don't see any drastic changes to the model. The only reason the Stealth Suits changed as they did was because GW wanted to make them plastic vs. the old metal ones, so figured it was as good an excuse as any to change the sculpt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Nemesis View Post
    Tau have a LONG time to wait before the codex gets updated, and there's very little chance that very many, if any, of the models will get updated. The codex was just updated nearish the end of 4th edition, along with new models such as the Vespids, Sniper Drones, and Skyray boxed set. Many, many armies are going to be (or need to be) redone before Tau, including Space Wolves, Necrons, the Inquisition armies, and Dark Eldar.

When or if Tau are updated for 5th edition (it's not a guarantee), it will be a while from now and I actually doubt that the look of the Battlesuits will change. They may rebox them with some additional weapon options, but I don't see any drastic changes to the model. The only reason the Stealth Suits changed as they did was because GW wanted to make them plastic vs. the old metal ones, so figured it was as good an excuse as any to change the sculpt.
    Its interesting to see that the Tau were updated near the end of 4th... and then when 5th came out their effectiveness went down

You think GW planned that?

Maybe they made a mistake of some sort...either way you seem to make really good points in your post.

thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    163 (x3)

Yes, actually, I do know what happened to the Necrons.

Yep, just like they planned Necrons to get their massive boost in 5th edition. It's all part of their sinister secret plan.

And while, yes, the Crisis suits are a bit boxy, I'm guessing that it's nothing a razor saw and some glue won't fix. (Things could be worse... it's been over 8 years since the Dark Eldar saw any love I believe.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie View Post
    Yep, just like they planned Necrons to get their massive boost in 5th edition. It's all part of their sinister secret plan.

And while, yes, the Crisis suits are a bit boxy, I'm guessing that it's nothing a razor saw and some glue won't fix. (Things could be worse... it's been over 8 years since the Dark Eldar saw any love I believe.)
    I was wondering why GW has seemingly decided to ignore the DE... poor guys

Did 5th ed make the game more balanced?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    724 (x8)

Thing is though Nem, GW do not update codexes in any logical order they just seem to update a few favourites whenever a new edition is released. They updated Marines, Chaos, IG, Eldar and Tau in 4th up to now in 5th they have updated Marines and IG and the Eldar was done with 5th in mind and Orks got an update recently. Because an army has not been updated in an age does not seem to factor into GW's reasoning when deciding to update. Look at Space Wolves they are a firm fan favourite and are a popular army with their own range of Mini's (quite a large range at that) yet they have not received an update like Blood Angels did (and BA are no more popular than Wolves).
    When you consider that Marines, Chaos and IG have received regular updates while armies like Wolves, Necrons and DE have been stuck with the same codex through 2 or 3 versions of the game, then I would not rule out an updated codex for Tau on the basis if "they have already been done"

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by rikimaru View Post
    When you consider that Marines, Chaos and IG have received regular updates while armies like Wolves, Necrons and DE have been stuck with the same codex through 2 or 3 versions of the game, then I would not rule out an updated codex for Tau on the basis if "they have already been done"
    In previous editions I would agree with you riki, but in 5th edition people have been making it known that they want updates for their codices, notably Space Wolves and Dark Eldar players. The armies that get updated probably have to do with general popularity, but it's getting to the point where people are going to quit the game entirely if GW doesn't start updating some of the older codices, and I think GW is finally going to make sure people do not do that.

Besides, there's already wind of the Space Wolves and Dark Eldar codices, so I know Tau are a bit far off at this point.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    724 (x8)

In previous editions I would agree with you riki, but in 5th edition people have been making it known that they want updates for their codices, notably Space Wolves and Dark Eldar players. The armies that get updated probably have to do with general popularity, but it's getting to the point where people are going to quit the game entirely if GW doesn't start updating some of the older codices, and I think GW is finally going to make sure people do not do that.

Besides, there's already wind of the Space Wolves and Dark Eldar codices, so I know Tau are a bit far off at this point.
    Oh I totally agree, I think if GW do not get their act together soon they are going to get themselves into a position which they are not going to be able to pull themselves out of. They went from a company where the game and its players were the point of the business to a company trying desperately to get back on a footing where they can start to pay shareholders again and now hopefully they are swinging back to seeing it is us the customers who they need to be listening to and making happy.

The DE codex situation is utterly unacceptable (as is the Space Wolves to a lesser degree) but in a way you reinforce my point that the most popular codices will be updated before ones like the DE (as indeed they have been yet again) and Tau are a popular army. I hope that the rumours are correct and DE do get an update (then the Wolves) because DE players have been screwed for to long but it would not surprise me in the slightest if Tau were done before DE or Space Wolves (the potential revenue gain for an update of Tau is bigger than for either of those armies).
    Last edited by Rikimaru; April 5th, 2009 at 12:29.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yep theat might stop any one who even thinks about doing tau from being mocked for wanting something diffrent
    this is my dragon lets make him big and strong now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there is no point trying to force logic (us) onto illogical acts (GW existance) !!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast