Lictor deepstrike, mishap possible? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lictor deepstrike, mishap possible?

Greetings Nid players.

I'm a guard player (don't eat me!!!), just popping in to ask you fine folks a question. Sorry if its been asked before, but its just a quick question about a disagreement about a rule I had with my friend who plays Tyranids. With regards to the deepstriking rule of the Lictor into terrain pieces only and what would happen if they get a mishap with the deepstrike.

Basically I positioned my Commander and a couple of lascannons on the top of a hill at the back of my lines, high above with a good view of the table, it looked stlyish and and he was supposedly safely surrounded by my own meatshield troopers (I didn't know about the Lictor ability at this point!)

On his turn, he choose to deepstrike his Lictor into the hill and explained that if it scattered, the model could only go as far as the terrain piece is... ok, fair enough. However as it was a small hill, I asked what would happen if he had a mishap where it scattered and landed on my commander?

He said that the Lictor is a special case, not like the usual type of deep striking, if it mishaped then I basically would be able to reposition his lictor anywhere on that same terrain piece, but it wasn't allowed to leave that piece of terrain. I pointed out it was quite a small hill, therefore it wouldn't really matter where I placed it, as he was always going to be in assault range of my commander.... and therefore wasn't much of a mishap for him. But I didn't really mind, rules is rules, and agreed for the moment.

As it turned out, it didn't scatter anyway and he was on target. And proceded to kill my officer and sweeping advance my entire command HQ, shortly before getting cooked by a small squad of Platoon HQ flamers I had nearby, regardless it was a good move by him and the damage was done and he won the day overal.

Anyway, for future reference I thought I would just see if I could clear this rule up for us. If he did mishap with his Lictor, do I have to place the lictor on the same piece of terrain, or can we roll a mishap result on a D6 like normal deepstrikers? And if I get the option... if I have to place on area terrain, due to its deep striking nature, do I have the ability to plonk the lictor on any terrain piece I want?

Cheers guys

Last edited by Lukin; April 6th, 2009 at 03:24.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He lies!

If it LEAVES the terrain they can put it on the closest spot indicated near where it went off (if that makes sense)

If he landed on troops in the terrain he would roll on the mishap chart

I'd eat you but since your imperial guard... not much information to suck out ^^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheers for speedy reply! And thanks for clearing that up

I shall remember that for next time then.... though I'm probably better off staying away from hills in general!

So if I get the relocate ability.... do I have to place the Lictor on area terrain only? Or anywhere I like?

And you're not going to eat me? Works for me! I knew the emperor protects!!.... when he feels like it.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, sorry? The relocate ability is? But whatever it i lictors only can go on terrain no matter what.

No problem for speedy reply, I've got all the time in the world at the moment (chronic fatigue )

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    344 (x8)

Yeah if you roll re-locate you still have to deploy the lictor in some terian, but i would have thought hills dont count as theres no-where for them to feasibly hide on a hill, but that might just be a club rules thing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks guys, that clears that up!

And by relocate ability, I mean on the mishap table where you roll a D6 if you have a bad deepstrike that lands on an enemy unit.

It think its goes as 1-2 = Death, 3-4 = Enemy can choose where you land, 5-6 = Delayed Reserves till next turn.

Anyway, thanks again mateys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,
    I use a Lictor all the time (5th ed has made them very cool). They can only deep strike onto a terrain piece, and will scatter but NOT off the terrain (They just stop at the edge). If they scatter on to an enemy unit then they must mishap, and if a reposition by the enemy is rolled, they can put it into any terrain feature they wish (consider it a very disorientated Lictor getting lost in the wilderness). A mishap is very rare however, as the only way it can happen is by landing on top of the enemy.

Hope that filled any gaps left.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x2)

you must agree that lictors in general was cooler in 4th.
    They're the same but well now they trip on stuff when they land. (ouch)
    >:[

+ Reply to Thread