Decap Attack - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Decap Attack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Decap Attack

Kudos to anyone who recognises the comic I'm referring to ^^

Anyways, what I'm basically asking is - is he worth it? Decapitator, I mean. I've got a free HQ slot in my Kabal list, and it's a toss up between him and a Dracon with incubi. I know I have to get mandrakes to use him, but they can be pretty useful at times, especially in dawn of war when that irritating heavy weapons unit shows up...

But the general reason I was thinking of him was that I need an Archon, and not Vect (interesting, but not for me) or Kruellagh (HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAFAIL). Urien is ok, but can't really see a use for him. I figured Decap's fear-factor could benefit him, as could his ability to hound objectives and the squad that gets to them. Downsides are that he's a bit costly, doesn't hit really that hard and is about as durable in combat as a small ant.

If anyone's ever used him, what can they tell me about him?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    434 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by psychichobo View Post
    Kudos to anyone who recognises the comic I'm referring to ^^

Anyways, what I'm basically asking is - is he worth it? Decapitator, I mean. I've got a free HQ slot in my Kabal list, and it's a toss up between him and a Dracon with incubi. I know I have to get mandrakes to use him, but they can be pretty useful at times, especially in dawn of war when that irritating heavy weapons unit shows up...

But the general reason I was thinking of him was that I need an Archon, and not Vect (interesting, but not for me) or Kruellagh (HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAFAIL). Urien is ok, but can't really see a use for him. I figured Decap's fear-factor could benefit him, as could his ability to hound objectives and the squad that gets to them. Downsides are that he's a bit costly, doesn't hit really that hard and is about as durable in combat as a small ant.

If anyone's ever used him, what can they tell me about him?
    Never used him in a game but I believe that he is an ‘assassin par excellence.’

And once popped out onto the table, he will be tabled in return very quickly due to being an character that can’t attach to any other unit.

I have no doubt that he will kill what ever target he is aimed at but what happens after that?

Over 100 points just sitting there, by itself with a 5+ armour save – great, just great.

And just for laughs, how do you deploy him in Dawn of War? This makes my head hurt trying to figure this one out!

Cheers.
    In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After normal deployment, but before infiltrators nad such. You just ave to use your mind.

+ Reply to Thread