Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
I know it's only been two and a half years or so since the Eldar codex came out, but I think with the advent of 3rd edition some parts of the Eldar codex are beginning to appear quite outdated. So, what are your wishes for the 5th or 6th edition Eldar Codex?
Here are mine:
- Too much cover nerfs Dark Reapers. Perhaps allow Crack Shot to be used with Fast Shot, or reduce their price.
- Plasma Grenades or cover-ignoring ability for Shining Spears. Makes them just a little but more worth their points. Maybe have their Withdraw ability lowered with the Hit and Run nerf, or always suceed?
- With Surprise Assault being useless now, perhaps give Warp Spiders an Exarch power to allow them to perhaps reroll doubles or something on the second jump. Make it expensive, like 25 points or something.
- Lower the cost of Tank Hunters on Fire Dragons. Expensive for a superfluous ability, only really useful against Monoliths.
- The cost of Defend has always really bugged me, but perhaps that's just me. I'd be happier if it were 10 points though.
- Lower the cost of Swooping Hawks, to perhaps 17 or 18. Just a bit overpriced for what they do right now.
- Lower cost Wraithguard, or slightly higher cost and 2 wounds. Too expensive right now.
- Raise the BS of Pathfinders to 5, or let them hit on 2+s. Not a big buff, considering it makes no significant difference to those AP 1 and AP 2 rending hits, but it makes fluff sense! They're meant to be ridiculous ace snipers!
- Lower the BS of Fire Prisms back to 3. I know its a nerf, but with the new rules it's only a 1 inch difference, plus it makes more sense since everything else is BS3.
- Lower the cost of Vectored Engines to 15 or so. With crashing now only happening on 13+ inches, they're less useful.
- Make Falcons better. Perhaps bring Crystal Targetting Matrix back into the game, which is an upgrade to give +1 BS, similar to the Tau upgrade. A BS 4 Falcon, armed with a Pulse Laser and whatever else, is something to be feared.
- Slightly lower the cost of Wave Serpents, perhaps? The cost of all other transports are going down, so I think it's only fair that Wave Serpents get a slight cost reduction too. Perhaps to 80 points or so, nothing much.
- Asurmen should be buffed. Not really sure how, though. Perhaps makes his Diresword the equivilent of a Force Weapon?
- Maugan Ra...he works better NOT with his Dark Reapers, ironically. Not sure how to fix this.
- Jain Zar does better with Harlequins than she does with her squad. Granting them all Furious Assault, or granting Hit and Run, would be great, perhaps compensated with a 10-20 point cost increase.
- Barraroth should be buffed. He's a bit strange right now, not fantastic on the assault, confers a great ability to a squad that shouldn't be in combat, and not a fantastic shooter either. Not sure how he can be buffed, perhaps Furious Assault instead of Hit and Run?
- Fuegan is pretty fine as he is, though Maugan Ra and Jain Zar are better in assault I think.
I'm also hoping for more Craftworld Eldar stuff. Having Aspects as troops would be fantastic, as well as Black Guardians and Seer Councils, Wild Riders and standard troop Wraithguards...*drool*
dont pathfinders always hit on a 2+ no matter what anyway cuz of their sniper rifles?
5th edition snipers use ballistic skill now
The Hand that guides.
how does the strength X work for the snipers then? (i know 6 is rending isnt it)
"- Lower the BS of Fire Prisms back to 3. I know its a nerf, but with the new rules it's only a 1 inch difference, plus it makes more sense since everything else is BS3."
no but seriously, bs4 is the greatest thing that even happened to prisms.
"how does the strength X work for the snipers then? (i know 6 is rending isnt it) "
snipers always wound on 4+
The Hand that guides.
cool, so would 20 dire avengers and 10 rangers be good for troops in a 1500pt game
Agree with EldarNewb... Fleet used to be something special and really separated Eldar (and Nid) troops from the rest. The new fleet is highly situational at best with every unit in the game with legs able to Run everywhere. A 2d6 (take the highest) Fleet move would be great.
Main armies: Iyanden-styled Eldar, Grim Legion Chaos Marines, and Grey Knights
Currently Working on: Dark Mechanicus and redeploying my retired Tau
Turn 8 Podcast
I'll have to go look it up later, but I'm pretty sure living metal ignores tank hunters... and I'm pretty sure it ignores all strength bonuses as well... ie power fists and furious charge etc.
The only special stuff that still works on it, are wraith/D-cannons, Swooping hawk grenades, and turbo-penetrator rounds (I believe).
Last edited by EldarNewb; April 8th, 2009 at 00:20. Reason: forgot strength bonuses, added the only things that work.