Cheap Meganobs - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cheap Meganobs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    183 (x3)

Cheap Meganobs

Now that I am in reach of completing my snow themed Kult of Speed army, typical of me I start getting urges to get other kinds of things. I already bought myself a Zogwort stand-in model for kicks and giggles, but now Meganobs and Battlewagons seem to be calling me in their direction, and they still seem to fit with the Kult of Speed style army.

Now Battlewagons are decently cheap through eBay and online stores (As I would only get two or three), but to get a respectable amount of Meganobs I would need a small fortune.

I have heard of people building them out of Plasticard or Terminators, but I haven't been able to really find any sort of guide or step by step to follow, and all of the good ones seem so complex that I couldn't emulate them.

Does anyone know of a good way to get cheap Meganobs (save for an eBay miracle)?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x5)

I have yet to try this, so I cannot provide a proper guide.. But your answer may lie in Assault on Black Reach.

$60 and you have tonnes of models to Kunvert.. Deff Koptas into Nob Bikers.. Dreadnought into Deff Dread.. And Terminators into Meganobz!

I'm not sure how I'd do it specifically, but take a look at the AoBR Terminators and Ork Boyz, I'm sure there's a way to chop them apart and stitch em back together to make em look propa Orky.
    I've recently become a fan of this thing called Dubstep. And you should too.
    Datsik & Flux Pavillion - Crunch (Youtube)
    Da Moo Kowz is da drinkinest Orks of dem all!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I managed to make one decent looking Meganob out of a Terminator model that came free with White Dwarf. I'll try and get a picture up to show you what I did with it but I was pretty happy with the conversion. The only problem with my version is that it looks like he's got too long legs for an Ork. Ah well, you can't win everything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

183 (x3)

I have thought about that actually. All the Orks I have are from AoBR mostly, I got them used off of someone, so no Terminator parts, but I am in the process of making Nob Bikers (on snowmobiles) from some Deffkoptas. The beakie Terminators seem much too weedy though. My brother has some Chaos Teminators, and if the SMurf ones are the same size, Ork arms and heads would just look silly on them.

I have considered Black Orks, but they don't seem Mega enough, more like 'Ard Boyz.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I inserted the upper body of a Nob into the Terminator body, then stuck the Terminator shoulder pads onto his arms and loads of armour all over any exposed bits. It has the combined effect of keeping the cool Terminator vents on the back of the model and making this particular Meganob look like he's bursting out of this armour he's decided to loot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

183 (x3)

I would love a picture, as that sounds quite cool (and cheaper, 5 for $50 is much better than 5 for $75), and I have a few Nobs I could butcher, I would just need to get the Klaws separate, or scratch build them. Maybe even use the Terminator fists.

A Vespertine Viper's Nest Of Sublime Wickedness
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x1)

plasticard is your friend!

Have a look at this thread:
    MegaNob walkthrough - Da WAAAGH
    Guardian of DMC's mighty pink thong.

Free Cookies Inside!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

183 (x3)

Wow... those are amazing. I will check out the templates, but I doubt I could pull that off... Maybe a commission though, would that be heresy if I went out looking for one?

Of course that could end up costing more than just buying the Meganobs in the first place... 10 couldn't be more than $150 though, could it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Et Voila!

Behold Buttrot ye mighty and despair!
    Last edited by Milky J; April 13th, 2009 at 01:13.

A Vespertine Viper's Nest Of Sublime Wickedness
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x1)

Hmmm... gotta say I've never been a fan of termies being used to make MANz. They just aren't the right scale, and look a bit weedy.
    Guardian of DMC's mighty pink thong.

Free Cookies Inside!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast