Green on Wheels - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Green on Wheels

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Green on Wheels

I am a new ork player, and I have a great fondness for the green-tide style of play, but I had some questions regarding transports for those of you with more experience in the matter.

I dislike trucks for the fact that in the games I have seen/played, when they get destroyed they take several orks with them, thus leaving a mob under 12 models. As a green-tide supporter this simply will not do. I do however like the concept of battlewagons...

1) is it a reasonable taktik to mount all of one's mobs in battlewagons and get lots of 20 boy mobs accross the table fast or is that just a waste of points that can be better used on more greenskins?

2) what are your thoughts on battlewagons in general, are they worth it in numbers, as dedicated elite/hq transports, or not at all?

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x1)

I personally LOVE BattleWagons.
    I always have at least 1 amongst my Trukks. The 14AV and the ability to carry 20 Boyz, as well as some nice upgrades makes them well worth the Price.

One of my unit setups is putting 20x Shoota Boyz in a BattleWagon. It's essentially a AV14 Tank with an 'Assault 40+ ' Gun on it.

My favorite upgrade options for Battlewagons include DeffRollas, Grot Riggers, Red Paint Jobs and any cheap weapon upgrades.

And Lastly, having your entire force in BattleWagons (most Nobs and Boyz) would be feasible, but you might not have enough Heavy Support slots since Only Nobs can get them as a dedicated transport.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x5)

I've got four words for you.

Battle. Wagons. Rock! .....Deffrollas!

Mobz of 20 Boyz work great! Just don't forget to upgrade one in every mob to a Nob with a Power Klaw and Boss Pole! It's da law!

The general concensus seems to be that Shoota Boyz work better than Sluggas when mounted in Battle Wagons, though to me it seems more like a matter of personal preference. I've played both Sluggas and Shootas, and I find myself fielding Shootas... well.. every game. Don't worry about their low BS or their loss of one Close Combat attack.. They more than make up for it with a bucket full of Str 4 shooting attacks at range!

Be careful how you build your Battle Wagons.. it's easy to go overboard on upgrades. You'll be using them as transports, so the only things you want to purchase are items to help them stay mobile.. well.. and a Deff Rolla! They're simply too good not to toss on each Wagon!

Finally, toss a Big Mek with a Kustom Forcefield into one of the mobs. He'll provide all your vehicles within 6" with a 4+ cover save!! And all your infantry within 6" with a 5+ cover save!! This makes a huge difference. I wouldn't give him anything besides a Kustom Forcefield, though, as you do not want him to leave his Wagon. If you send him into combat, there's a mighty chance you'll lose your KFF..

Welcome to the Waaagh!
    I've recently become a fan of this thing called Dubstep. And you should too.
    Datsik & Flux Pavillion - Crunch (Youtube)
    Da Moo Kowz is da drinkinest Orks of dem all!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome, thanks for the help guys!

+ Reply to Thread