Hive Fleet Charybdis (mass Pics) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Master of the Universe BIGphil22X's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    49 (x1)

Hive Fleet Charybdis (mass Pics)

So after about eight months of inactivity due to all sorts of madness, I've decided to try and resurrect, and, ultimately, finish, my Tyranid army, before I head off to college (FSU) for the Summer.

Regarding this post, it contains conversions, and painted models, thus I was unsure in which thread to post this, so I stuck with the baseline Tyranids thread.

Below is a link to a gallery of the models, so please enjoy! (and, if you cared, the army thus far is 16 stealers, 24 spinegaunts, 20 termagants, 23 Hormagaunts, 6 warriors, 5 rippers, 2 Lictors, 2 Zoanthropes, 2 Carnifex, a Broodlord, and a Winged Tyrant).

ImageShack? - Gallery

Feel free to comment, as I will try to update the thread quite often with pics.

"Sanguine, my brother."

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Woho! Those are some cool tyrant wings! Do you mind if I ask how you did it, Im looking for ways of doing mine.

I like the scheme kinda similar to mine intead mine will be green instead of the blue. However you might wanna add some color to the exoskeleton. Maybe use washes or use a lil darker color like bleached bone? I felt its too white but it might be me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha if nothing else I like the name. But good thing there is just more than that to appreciate! Actually the color scheme I used is remarkably similar, haha. Great hive minds think alike, don't they? =)
    Last edited by MattyMorgs; April 14th, 2009 at 11:28.
    Human beings, while exceptional in the ability to learn from the mistakes of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    49 (x1)

To ttuzun: Those, I believe, are the Warrior Clan Wings from Series 6 McFarlane Dragons. I just bought them at my local hobby store, and ripped them off. The actual dragon is really quite an amazing figure himself, so Im sure you could use the rest for a fantasy army or something.

To Matty: Yes, great hive minds do think alike. I wanted to go with the traditional monster name, and I considered Charybdis to be a monster, I suppose. Any other Odyssey efficienados out there would agree.
    "Sanguine, my brother."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm Cool army, i hate painting white models so hard to get it to look smooth

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those wings do look awesome, and the scheme looks great!

You're repainting some of the models, what colour did you paint them before?

And also the warrior in the back with a pair of the monstrous creature scything talons look eeevil.
    "And they shall know fear." - a particularly evil Daemon Prince

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    49 (x1)

Thanks people. And yeah Daovin, I think he looks pretty jammin' with the monstrous talons, which I think are the ones they kept from the 3rd edition nids. Not sure though.

I actually had two schemes before this final one. The first was a red skin black carapace getup, like hive fleet moloch (google this for an amazing fleet) and the next was blue skin/ carapace, which turned out to be tooooo much blue.

In turn, I finally decided on this one. The only thing is, I'm not too happy with the brown claws/ bony parts, as I feel it takes away from the coldness of the models. If anyone has a suggestion for some talon colors, I'd love to hear it.
    "Sanguine, my brother."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

one pretty army

You have many very impressive peices, that will be a army to be proud of when you have finished it.

+ Reply to Thread