Eldar Jetbike Comparison - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    204 (x6)

Eldar Jetbike Comparison

I've decided to compare our beloved/bemoaned Reavers with their nearest cousin, the Eldar Guardian Jetbike. Below are the advantages each has over the other, and I scored each advantage according to its impact. One bullet is small impact, while 3 bullets is a big impact. I realize these scores are little subjective, but I think I was pretty fair in my assessment. So let's check it out!

Guardian Jetbike
    ••• Scoring
    ••• Sv up 1
    • Ld up 1
    • Twin-linked
    •• Gun S up 1
    • Max squad up 2
    •• 0-4 Shuriken cannons options

Reaver Jetbike
    •• WS & BS up 1
    •• S up 1
    • Gun 24"
    •• Random combat drug
    •• 0-2 Blast or shredder options

Score:
    Guardian Jetbike = 13
    Reaver Jetbike = 9

In terms of how good each unit is, the Guardian Jetbike is the clear winner, being 44% more effective and 14% cheaper at the same time. That makes them a 64% better choice overall (1.44 * 1.14). Not like you would actually have that choice lol. But hey, at least the Reaver looks a lot cooler!

Not factoring in the points for scoring (because GW doesn't make Troops cost more), if Reaver Jetbikes were priced according to this model, they'd be 9/10 (90%) the cost of Guardian Jetbikes. That means they would be only 20 points/model!

--•-My 40K projects-•--

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

20 points for a reaver is about right, though that 4+ save really, really hurts. Even for all that eldar have going for them, the ONLY thing that holds back RJB is their cost (and maybe the single splinter rifle), otherwise they are one of the best jetbikes in the game (best is the destroyer hands down).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    434 (x8)

One thing that gets my attention is the inclusion of a Warlock on a Jetbike as compared to a Succubus.

• A Warlock comes already armed, the Succubus doesn’t.
    • A Warlock has an invulnerable save, the Succubus doesn’t.
    • A Warlock is cheaper, the Succubus isn’t.
    • A Warlock confers unit wide psychic abilities, the Succubus doesn’t.

So not only is a Warlock better, cheaper, tougher he boosts the entire unit with his powers whereas the Succubus boosts no one unless you want to pay even more and go down the road of including the Goblet of Spite or something else to that effect.

Now adjust this with the use of Combat Drugs and the number of attacks that could be made with the DE unit and you will see that we are more combat orientated than they are and in a modern game that leans towards more shooting you can see that we are in need a few rules changes to redress things here.

Cheers.
    In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

Slaaneshi Battle Barge CO
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    127 (x5)

Our RJB models are definitely cooler.. I'd like to have a little more variety, though, to make conversions easier.

If they made the RJBs cheaper, count as troops and let them Scout, I think we'd be set... although a Splinter Cannon option would be nice, too.
    "Is Archon Braigh-Dee going to have to choke a Wych?

Courtesy of Wicky: D.C.S.S.E.P.C.I.C.B.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    434 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Psyan View Post
    Our RJB models are definitely cooler.. I'd like to have a little more variety, though, to make conversions easier.

If they made the RJBs cheaper, count as troops and let them Scout, I think we'd be set... although a Splinter Cannon option would be nice, too.
    Speaking of the actual model, there have been pictures on the net shown of the new Jetbike that ‘seems’ to have a common base for both Eldar and Dark Eldar.

Just add different sprue to represent the different race, and if this is how it is to be in the future there goes our ‘coolness’ factor!
    In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

Slaaneshi Battle Barge CO
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    127 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Wicky View Post
    Speaking of the actual model, there have been pictures on the net shown of the new Jetbike that ‘seems’ to have a common base for both Eldar and Dark Eldar.

Just add different sprue to represent the different race, and if this is how it is to be in the future there goes our ‘coolness’ factor!
    Looks like it's time to head back on over to Ebay and stock up on RJBs. If they become a troops choice and get a points reduction, I'm going to need a whole bunch of them.
    "Is Archon Braigh-Dee going to have to choke a Wych?

Courtesy of Wicky: D.C.S.S.E.P.C.I.C.B.

+ Reply to Thread