vs Space Marines - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

vs Space Marines

I need some help fighting space marines. I have a very bad time against them, especially with killing their terminators. I also have problems with their dreadnoughts running up to my monolith and pummeling it to dust. Any hints you guys could share? Usually matches are around 1500 pts.

Thanks in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

space marines are so varied that I honestly can't help you unless you tell me what he is using...

for the termies, stay as far away as you can at all times

the dreadnought should never get near the 'lith

So... if I gave some daemons a matte paint-job, would they be "Matte Daemons?"
    Necron Tactica: Flying Circus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

usually his army list is something like

1 dreadnought
    4-6 squads of 5 of the regualr troops, 3 of those would have a flamer and a missle launcher
    Pedro with command squad
    Tigerius
    a land raider crusader or that bulldozer looking tank
    10 sterngard or 10 termies

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    324 (x8)

He can't take 5 man squads with missile launchers and flamers, your friend is cheesing you. I'd like to see a full copy of his list.

Vindicators are trouble, shot it early and shot it hard, I'd almost go so far as to suggest using heavy destroyers JUST To kill that. HDestroyers can also put his Land raider out of commission. Alternatively you could throw wraiths at it.

Special Characters....Mass fire them, just shoot them with long range death, as soon as you can, destroyers, Immortals whatever. Another way to deal with them, is to hit them with heavy destoyers, you hit, you wound, they try their Invi save, they die instantly. Just do NOT let them get close (especially the librarian)

Hit the dreadnought with a volley from your destroyers, it's day will be ruined somehow with glancing hits.

Terminators and sternguard are best mass-fired against, alternatively you could throw a tomb spyder into either and expect some results, (far more effective against sternguard mind you)

Against his tactical squads, have a rapid firing slug-match with them, Necrons are very, very good at winning those. Just march up and play bolter-tag. Keep something around to deter charges though. Scarabs, wraiths or tomb spyders will work. Alternatively this is another GREAT place to put a tomb spyder, they smash Tactical squads up pretty good most days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well he is using combat squads to make squads of 10 and give them those weps and then dividng them up into 2 units.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    324 (x8)

OH right...dur, always forget about those. makes sense. my advice about "walk up and shoot them to death" still stands.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could use a unit of pharia's. Their soulless ability makes the librarian cry and its great fun when the librarian decides to run due to the psychic abomanation ability (I once have succesfully "killed" a chaos sorcerrer and his retinue because of this). Also the warscythes can be great against the terminators (as long as they have no lighting claws). And they can also try to kill the dreaghtnought with the scythes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I need some help fighting space marines. I have a very bad time against them, especially with killing their terminators. I also have problems with their dreadnoughts running up to my monolith and pummeling it to dust. Any hints you guys could share? Usually matches are around 1500 pts.

Thanks in advance[/quote]

I was wondering what exactly you are running for a 1500 point list sometimes i dont even take a lith i just keep a foot frenzy going tomb spiders and the like to keep the men alive and coming back immortals are a crons best friend in my opinion atleast 3 squads of warriors at all times. Also i would try flayed ones they can hold their own against basic tac squads espically if he is using the combat squads, aim for the ones with no sargents, and make them run off and its really nice to be hit on 6's every once and a while. Kill the commander and watch the ld rolls drop. If he is running that librarian guy even better they dont get his ld so it should be 9 i believe. Im kind of rusty on my marines, im guessing new codex. Destroyers and plenty of them vindicator is strong but easy to avoid onnly 24 inch, where ever he deploys it throw some destroyers there to blow that gun up or heavy destroyers to take it out. Wraiths work equally well against vehicles as for termies if hes not putting them in a transport avoid them at all cost. Dred can be easily tied up with wraiths as well or even try running some swarms to tie up his shooting and then deep strike a lith and take them out. Hope that helps some happy playing and dont worry, marines fall eventually just have to find the right tricks.

Good luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is the only time that I've found pariahs are worth taking. Against space marines I love taking them, especially vs. terminators. They cut through them like butter (Given they don't have LC's ;/). Otherwise yeah, spam the vindicator cause that is number 1 on the priority list. Then spam the terminators with gunfire if they're slogging and throw some TS's in there to cut them up.
    After 2 turns:
    "What the #%&! I killed 14 warriors and only 2 actually died?!"
    "Looks like you're going to have to do something else!"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    457 (x8)

The high-speed stuff is what you have to be most afraid of. Necrons are at their best when they huddle together and support each other. As a result, the Necron army is not nimble. It's a slow-motion killing machine. Your Monolith's particle whip should be able to take out most vehicles, including those land raiders. I'd use the whip to take out the land raider or whichever other vehicle is closest. Use destroyers on almost any other vehicle. They should be able to zip around and hit his dread or vindicator from the sides or rear easily enough.

Above all, use your ENTIRE army to attack as FEW units of his at once as possible. It may seem counter-intuitive to shoot at only ONE of his advancing squads, but concentration of fire will really pay off. That's where the 'crons really shine.
    Mickey: "You're just making this up as you go along!"
    The Doctor: "Yuuuup. But I do it brilliantly!"

Check out my WIP thread here (Clicky!)

The rules (Clicky!) Read 'em, know 'em, love 'em.

Peace, through superior firepower.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast